Guys...Why are you a coward when it comes to breaking up?

I went with this guy for a couple months. We worked together and we hung out a couple times a week, got to know each pretty well, made out, cuddled. He was 20, had roommates, somewhat of a loner/stoner, dropout. Me on the other hand not a big partier, college, quiet. We respected each other. The last night we were together we had a really great night, made out, cuddled, talked, etc. Then out the blue he's moving (which I knew that) about 15 minutes away which is no big deal, but he didn't bother to tell me that he was transferring to another restaurant location that we work for. I found out on his last day! Then he asks me to come see him at his new store since he doesn't have a phone. He did not give me his new address. I told him no that he needed to call me with his schedule so I would know when he would be there. Which he said he would. Haven't heard from him since. I would have much preferred that he just told me bye, see ya, have a nice life instead of just leaving me hanging. Another guy that hangs out with him sometime to smoke pot told me I should go see him. I told him no I'm sticking by my guns so that way if he contacts me I know he wants to be with me. Well that call is never going to happen, but why be a coward and a jerk about it? It more or less just gave me a blow to my ego, but really!
Guys...Why are you a coward when it comes to breaking up?
Add Opinion