Is it possible to get over a soulmate?

I don't mean to sound stupid or childish. I didn't believe there was anything like soulmates. And I didn't believe they could be wrong for you. But experienced him. He was real. We connected on a level I can't describe. Maybe it was all in my head, but I know I've never felt this way about anyone. And I know he felt it too, maybe not the same way because he we never really were a couple. We never were just friends either. There was always something between us though, it was an off/on relationship for over five years.

So our thing never really worked out and he ended up hurting me more than I have ever been hurt. I think he broke my heart in so small pieces that I never really recovered. I mean, I always think I am over him. But then I see some pic of him or get a message from him or something and my heart melts. I dunno what happens. Why am I not getting anywhere? We barely even meet anymore. Last time we met was on Christmas eve when he was trying to win me over again. I did stay strong and understood he was just going to do it all again. So I told him to leave me alone.

He texted me months after that every other week. I never replied. Now he lives far. He has probably found someone else and he doesn't even like my pictures anymore. That he used to do still. Not anymore. I feel so alone. I think he gives up on me. I thought I gave up on him, but why the hell am I still hurting?
Is it possible to get over a soulmate?
3
3