Ex boyfriend has re appeared after 5 months. He is trying to get my attention but seems to be abusing my desire to be civil. What do you guys think?

Hi,

My ex and I broke up in January after 2 years together. Things ended quite badly as he broke up with me via text, I proceeded to guess his snapchat password looking for answers.

Long story short, he said I broke his trust and that there was nothing left to redeem, friendship and being civil is off the cards and so on. He actively avoided me for a number of months and everything was fine.

Since the start of May he’s reappeared on my social media. It started off as simply viewing all of my uploads (which was fine I guess) it's now progressed to replying to some of my stories but being shady. I believe he is going out of his way to trigger me:

- I posted a ‘buddymeter’ quiz where respondents are able to answer questions to see how well they know you. Respondents can choose the name through which they want to be identified with, he answered using names that I used to call him. I wasn’t expecting anyone to get 10/10 because realistically only he knew ALL the answers. He got 10/10 and did the quiz 7 times with different nicknames. I did not respond.

- He views ALL of my stories on Instagram and Snapchat (I often post the same thing on both and he watches both). This is after about 5 months of avoiding my social media and watching nothing.

- He replies to some of my stories, I respond in a friendly yet reserved manner.

- However, if I reply to his stories (all the above made me think he was at least happy to be civil) he ignores me.

I know he is on dating apps right now. I don’t understand why he is reappearing into my life, I feel like I am being tricked or manipulated or that I’m being used as a back-up option in case his dating app options don’t work out. Am I an ego stroke for him?

I’m sure blocking is the best option, I am getting to the point now where I am going to do just that.

However, if you have any idea about what he is doing, why and how should handle this discretely I would appreciate the input.
1 y
Btw: my ex is the most stubborn and proud person I know. That's why I'm so surprised that he's gone against his word and has opened forms of communication after everything.

Also: he's associating himself with girls that REALLY aren't his type. We are both intellectuals with respected degrees from respected institutions. He's going for girls that aren't his type academically and physically. (Unless he's completely changed idk)
1
0