How do I break up with him?

I don't want to be meaner than it's already going to be that I don't want to be with him. I know it's going to hurt, but is there any way to soften the blow? I just don't love him anymore and we haven't been happy for a long time.

02

Most Helpful Guy

• Slow things down. See him less, talk to him less, make conversations shorter. Eventually it will dissolve. Break-ups absolutely suck, and I give you major props to softening it up. If you could tell me how you guys normally communicate and when yo usee each other, I can help you a LOT more.

What Guys Said 1

• I think telling him upfront is the easiest way. If you slowly detract then you leave him with false hope of regaining control. You're giving him a "chase" by dragging it along. Tell him upfront and with a clear reason. Don't avoid explaining it. Tell him how you feel. No need to feel selfish or guilty.

What Girls Said 0