Should I contact my ex after 1.5 years?

Hello everyone,

First time posting here!... My ex fiance and I had been together over 4 years.. had JUST bought a home together, had a dog etc... and six weeks after we moved in together we were getting under each others skin... I could not be on the mortgage because I had far too many student loans and I always felt like he shot that in my face.

Well, six weeks after we moved in we got into a MASSIVE argument over door handles (I mean I now know it wasn't JUST over door handles there was far more built up tension)... he told me to pack my things (I owned EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE) and move out. He called his parents (need I mind you he is 25), they came rushing over and put all my stuff on the driveway and JUST LIKE THAT our relationship, engagement and everything was over. We signed agreements because he owed me money, his mother wrote me a check, gave him the engagement ring back and we never spoke again.

It has been a year and a half now and I must say I thank god everyday for the relationship ending because I really got myself together... went back to school for my masters, started my own business, got into the best shape of my life etc. However lately I just feel like I can't go out and date again because I'm still hung up on not getting closure from this relationship... I mean I spent so long with him, he was truly my very best friend, we grew so much together and it ended so quickly. Not to mention, the day of this crazy break up we were obviously screaming at each other and both of our families got involved and I'll never forget him saying "Now we can never get back together since everyone is involved"... hello?!, I was not the one who called my mother during an argument with my soon to be husband!

About 3 months ago our dog went missing. He has a chip in him and I found out it was registered to my ex so I sent an email to his work email address (he got rid of the one that I knew) just saying that if he heard anything to PLEASE contact me. He never replied and it was surprising to me because he gave me our dog as a Valentine's day present and he loved him tremendously.

Should I try and contact him?... Not that I would ever want to attempt a second chance but just for closure..

I should also tell you he still has me blocked on facebook after all this time... he deleted ALL of our mutual friends upon the break up, etc.

I know him well and I am not naive enough to think that the break up was any less easier for him than it was for me, but I just wonder do any of you guys out there ever have the urge to contact an ex girlfriend after 1.) and ugly break up and 2.) years of no contact?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• wow, why would he not want you to contact him? that's odd.

I am in my first relationship with my guy but if we ever break up, which I know we won't because neither of us what that, I know that we will be civiil and be friends on facebook and he can contact me all he wants.

well if he's not civil, then don't bother.

if he is civil then go ahead and call, write emails you know... the whole shebang

What Guys Said 2

• maybe he stole the dog it would explain everything

• If you feel like you need to for closure, go ahead.

What Girls Said 1

• THATS SUPER INTENSE! I WOULD... NOT FOR CLOSURE BUT JUST TO SEE :)

I MEAN DONT GET HURT IF HE DOESNT AND DONT GET HAPPY IF HE DOES... BUT I WOULD JUST CUZ ONCE UPON A TIME I LOVED U... GOOD LUCK.

P.S.

IM GLAD You AND MAMAS BOY SPLIT... HES STILL A BOY. AND ONE NEEDS A MAN... AND CONGRATULATIONS ON UR SUCCESS OF UR BODY AND EDUCATION!