Can it ever work out with an ex?

Would you say it could ever work out with an ex?

Personally I think it depends on the circumstances... but my friends all say it most likely won't work out the second time!

104

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone once told me that relationships end the way they began. I agree. So if it began with him being a player, it will end with him being a player (most likely)...It really depends if both sides are willing enough to put their all into the relationship the second time around to make it work. Otherwise if one person is giving more than the other, the relationship will fail no matter how many times you "start over" and try to make things right. Some people learn from their mistakes and try to fix them if given the chance, others don't and keep making the same errors over and over because they know they'll be forgiven.

What Guys Said 4

• but unlikely because you have all the baggage from the 1st time. usually the things that caused it to break the 1st time haven't really changed.

• I would agree with both you and your friends. Under certain circumstances, yes, getting back together with an ex would work just fine, but, generally speaking, it seems unlikely.

• 90% of the time there be more bumps than you want if you just start a new relationship.

• anything is possible if you BOTH TRULY LOVE, HONOR and RESPECT each other! good day

What Girls Said 9

• The only way it can work is if both people learn from the mistakes they made the first time round and are willing to work on thier problems. Unfourtunately I think most people get back together because they just miss each other too much or are scared to be alone and end up having the same problems all over again.

So it can happen, but it really requires effort from both sides.

• okay, iv'e been with this boy on and off since summer, and he can be a huge jerk. and he can be the sweetest guy ever. But I always have this one friend that tells me not to talk to him.. but I tell her I don't care, but she always tells me, to not be with him. butt, she always tells me who I should and shouldn't be with, so it's whatever, but this is our second time of actually "dating" but I think it is working so much better than the first time. bit every situation is different. and you only live once.. it;s not like your going to marry the guy.. but unless he starts hitting you... id end the realtionship. but have funnn, but for yes, it is working the second time :)

good luck.

• on off's never work. that's called "misery" lol. never put yourself through misery in an on off again relationship

• i think it depends on why you broke up

i broke up with an ex because of a misunderstanding and then when we figured it out we tried to give it another go, but I still find it hard to trust him sometimes

so I think it mostly depends on the reason

• Yes, it does depend on the circumstances.

My general rule for dating exes is that unless you're sure you're in love with this person, it won't work...It's like trusting your first instinct...if your first instinct says "no" (a first breakup in the relationship), then it probably won't work a second time.

It's never worked for me with exes, nor do I believe it ever will, but that's probably because I found my man.

Hope this helps.

• It depends on the circumstances. Every situation is different. If they cheated or were abusive then no. The trust is gone and you shouldn't be there!

If you made mistakes that you're deeply sorry for and want to put right then yes!

• I married my ex. We've been married for ten years. The reason we originally broke up was that we were in a long distance relationship and too young to commit to anything (we were in college).

Hope this helps!

• It does depend on the situation. If you were dating and broke up then there were obvious problems between you and that person and problems in the relationship. Now if your both the kind of people who can forgive and COMPLETELY forget then yeah I don't see why another shot wouldn't work out but if you hold on to just a little bit of what has happened in the past then you are gonna have an awful time trying to make the relationship work. The past is a tricky thing to work with. If you let the past be the past then I think you will have a bright future with this person:)

• I agree with this. You should only start a relationship over if you can really start over and not bring past mistakes into it. Another thing is that you should only start over if you really think they're worth it, not just because you're lonely. That's from my experience anyway...

• i think it differs for everyone

• it candepending on what happend people break up and get back together all the time