I'm still not over my ex. How do I move on?

LeoPride93
Let me just begin by saying, I don't want him back. I know we'll never get back together and I'm fine with that. It's just the memories and certain places that I go to that cause me despair.

For instance, last night I went out with my friends to a bar that was right beside the theatre he and I used to frequent regularly. It hurt and after a few drinks, I started to cry.

It's been seven months since we broke up and I just feel like this is preventing me from living my best life and has me hesitant to get serious with anyone else.

Just the other day, my friend wanted to go to a mall that was a while away, but he and I used to go to it often, and all of a sudden I started to get panicky and I couldn't do it.

How do I move on? I think I'm doing great and then all of a sudden I get reminded of him and it all comes rushing back. I can't see any of his social media because I have him blocked.
43
22