Do you believe if it’s meant to be, it’ll happen? / they’ll come back? Success stories?

Really what I’m referring to is the one that got away. that one person you loved so truly and deeply, you’ll never forget it and you’ll probably never fully get over it.

my situation:
best friends / both secretly in love
we kissed
never gave it a go because timing issues and living in different places, but the feelings are still there
left it at friends “for now”

basically carry on living our lives and if life brings us together again it will.

but I can’t see myself being with anyone but him. I loved him more than anyone I’ve ever met. My heart is broke over it and I can’t see myself feeling that way about anyone else ever... and we were never actually even ‘together’
1 y
*secretly for a year. Everyone knew but the two of us. But we admitted to each other to late and the timing just wasn’t right at all. We didn’t want to ruin something before it began, because we both know if it’s done right, it could have been something amazing
2
0