Shall I invite my ex boyfriend for a annual company event?

We dated on and off for 4 years on a long distance relationship, 2 years ago I broke up with him due to his ambitious on career and less time he could spent with me ( I told him my disappointment and I just cut all contact with him for 1.5 year). Lately he initiated an e-mail for my birthday and thank me for the good time we had and that he enjoyed those time we were together and hoping to see me again. I must admit I missed him a lot but these 2 years but I have learned to live without him and I am quite happy with what I am now (part of me afraid that I have to go through the same thing again since he never wanted to commit to our previous relationship).

Lately he wrote that he hope to see me soon but didn't say when and how. he wrote something like : those time spent with you was my best moment and I enjoyed it a lot and I hope we will meet soon again.

I know it sounds crazy, there is a formal company event which most employee will bring their spouse (around 500 people will attend), I don't have a partner to go with and I am thinking to invite him as a partner to attend the event. He stayed 2 hours away from me. Part of me thinking we have some history to reconcile and I am not ready to start dating him yet, but I would love to see him and would like to have a partner for the company event and I don't want him to think I am too 'easy' or desperate.

Should I totally forget about the idea and not attending the dinner (that's what I have decided, no partner I wouldn't go).

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, be careful. You may say your not ready not but at this event, you two may hit it off and have an amazing time. Not to sound crass, but the chances of you two sleeping together that night are really high. You have to communicate with him that night.

You are not coming off as easy or desperate at all, he won't even think of it like that. Remember, he is the one who is dropping all the past feelings bombs on you. He will be excited just to see you again.

The fact that you're even thinking about inviting him shows that you want to see him. Give it a shot, you really don't have anything to lose.

What Guys Said 2

• Why on earth would you invite him to anything? You broke up with HIM? Face it, you're not interested in him. So why string this poor schmuck along?

Actually, I'm not judging you on this. If this guys accepts, wow, what a man! Takes a beating and keeps coming back for more!

If a woman broke up with me and then asked me later to be her date to an event, I wouldn't even respond.

Why do you feel like you have a partner to go to a party? You have more questions to ask yourself than the one you asked on this website.

• The beautiful thing about being in your 30s is that we are straight forward individuals (normally). If all you want is to have a conversation and a good time at your company event then state that when you ask him. If you don't state what you want then there is no communication and then people get their feelings hurt. The real problem is you don't want to have sex with him "that night" and you are unsure if you can resist the temptation. Or at least that is what it sounds like. Talk to him, be honest, if he says yes then go and have fun. If you have sex with him it doesn't mean you have to date. It's Sex. It is what it is (hopefully good)then send him on his way (2 hours away).

Sincerely

Old School D

What Girls Said 1

• Sort out what you really feel for him--if you still love him then go ahead but be careful with your heart in the process. You are lucky you were the one who ended it because for me it was the other way around :( I hope this somehow helps...take care and good luck!