I broke up with my boyfriend because I thought he cheated...now he is ignoring me like I cheated. Why?

About 3 weeks ago, my boyfriend of 6 months began to act distant. I suspected that he was cheating...late nights (sometimes staying out all night), not calling or texting me like before. Finally on Friday night he disappeared for the entire evening. I was frustrated and sent a text the following morning..."It seems that things have changed and your interest lies elsewhere. I'm not mad, but need to move on. I wish you the best." He didn't respond and I haven't heard from him since. Did he want an excuse to end it? Was he waiting for me to dump him so he wouldn't have to do it?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• you dumped him. why would he act like your friend

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, he's immature. He should've had the decency to at least say he wants to move on to give you closure. Just ignore him even if he tries to contact you again which he probably will. I hate when I get ignored. Going through that myself right now and it's confusing and hurtful because there is no official closure. I can give you only advice I give myself which is focus on yourself and move on, date/talk to other people. There is this quote: No matter how great a woman you are it doesn't matter if he's not ready. Clearly ignoring a woman and treating her coldly is a major sign of immaturity.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sorry but that's the way it is.. in about a month he will try to come back to you and by then you won't want him - OK!

• You dumped him. Why would he bother responding? Even if he did respond and everything got sorted out, he still has no faith that you trust him. Maybe he was cheating, and maybe he wasn't. It's over now, so it really doesn't matter at this point. Just move on.

• Let it go, move on. If you disrespect a guy with accusations (even if they're true) it's going to p*ss him off. Besides, it's natural for men and women to have the desire (and act on them) for multiple partners, trying to be 'monogamous' is simply denying your animal instincts.

• Never assume, you make an ass out of yourself. If this happened to me, I would do the same thing. The least you could've done was talk to him about it instead of just tossing him aside like garbage.

• huhu welcome to china

What Girls Said 4

• Move on, my friend. If he calls then you guys can talk about it, but if not then move on. 6 months or not, he didn't bother explaining what he was doing so he's not being understanding.

• Honey this man doesn't know what he wants. He probably just mad that you dumped him. I mean you guys are broken up, why do you care

• He's ignoring you because you broke up with him.. what do you expect.

• sounds like he moved on a long time ago and to relieve himself of guilt its easier to just pretend you don't exist. try doing the same, you won't get an answer from a guy who ignored you and disappeared while you were still together.