My boyfriend left me with no warning. He says we have too many differences and want different things for the future. Will he ever come back?

My boyfriend of over a year left me without warning suddenly when I came back from a 3 week trip to Europe. He cited reasons like not having similar hobbies. He is into technology and coding while I like to spend time outside and knit to cope with my anxiety. It was never a problem before and we always had a lot of fun together and could spend all day together. He also said that we want different things for the future (he was talking like 5 years into the future). He was saying that we have different tastes for where to live and how we want to spend our time. He said he wants to travel and do a lot of research for his job. He wants to have a high paced lifestyle and be in the city. I’m not the cities biggest fan I would prefer to be in the suburbs. Not because I couldn’t live in the city but because I don’t want to raise kids there (which would be 10 years in the future). To me it feels like we could have talked about this when it came time. It was never a problem before and he never brought it up. Now all the sudden he has to leave me over these reasons that may not ever happen/are so far into the future. No matter how much you plan you never know what will happen. To me he is over thinking and bailing on our amazing relationship. We have always clicked and been so in love. I know we still love each other. Do you think he will come back or will he stay away because he’s convinced himself it’s for the best? A lot of my friends think that me being gone for 3 weeks caused him to overthink and leave (he has anxiety/adhd/depression). I know it’s been really hard on him to be without me. Will he ever realize he wants to be with me above all those differences? I told him that I have always been willing to compromise but he said that I shouldn’t have to and wants me to be with someone better for me. I have always wanted him and will always choose him. I would rather be with him than a cozy house in the suburbs. Will he ever come to that realization?
1
1