Is it extra that my mom got the police on my ex for not bringing back my stuff?

So I broke up with my ex not too long ago because of unnecessary drama. When I broke up with him, he had no reaction to it. He just asked for his stuff back and I agreed as long as he gave me my stuff back, which he said okay to. I had his sweaters and earrings while he had an ASVAB book I gave him from the school, my DS with some of my games because I let him borrow it once since he was bored at home. I returned all his stuff back except one earring because I lost it while he just gave my DS back. I asked where the book and my games were. He said at his house and he forgot to bring it but he’ll bring it the following day.

However, he never did and this was his excuse for the next two weeks. I told my mom and at first she said to tell the school but they couldn’t do much since this happened outside of school and then my mom decided to bring the police involved. She told to warn him about it so she wouldn’t have to get the police to get it for me, which made him mad and he called me crazy and annoying for it. I eventually got my stuff back after I told my guidance counselor and my ex got fee for the book since he was one holding onto it and Is my mom wrong for doing this
Yes
No
GirlGuy
10
9