I'm having second thoughts about breaking up with my boyfriend?

Ok, I'll try to keep this short.
We've been together for just over a year and have been living together for about 5 months. We're both 28 but he was my first serious relationship. He's had a few that all ended badly.
I love him. And he loves me so much. We make each other laugh, he makes me feel safe and though we've been having less sex, it is still good sex.
But here are the issues. I don't think he is intelligent or ambitious enough. I feel somewhat ashamed when I tell people he's a forklift driver. He takes pride in his work but I always saw myself with someone doing something other than manual labor. I'm a college graduate and though I'm working as a bartender I want to be more than that. I'm creative and cultured and he's not.
He took the breakup very well. He said he didn't want to break up but he respects my wishes. I'm now second guessing everything. Will I ever find the "perfect" man? Is his lack of ambition so bad that it overshadows his kindness? Do I really miss him or am I just scared of being alone? Are these feelings normal after a breakup?
I'm having second thoughts about breaking up with my boyfriend?
Add Opinion