Why is it so hard to move on?

the headline says it all... how do you get pass all the hurt someone put you through? how can you just forget about them and everything they said... people say time heals but I don't think that's true...

What happens if no one comes along :( and they've already moved on and your left there all alone questioning why and going over and over what you had

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with all the other comments...everything happens for a reason. It doesn't seem like it now, but things will get better. And not only a bit better, but way way way better! Up until a month ago I couldn't sleep more than 6 hours a night and every morning I would wake up crying and my ex didn't care. I kept replaying every lie he told me and imagining him with his other woman etc. But things slowly get easier, without you even realising it. At first I didn't want to let go of him, I didn't want to accept the truth. Now it's getting better. It still cuts me but I'm not nearly as fragile as I was and I realize how lucky I am not to be with someone who lies to me. I don't deserve that and nor do you! You deserve to be happy and you will be! And the fact that he might have moved on - try not to judge him by your rules. Some guys can't be without a woman. Doesn't mean that he doesn't think about you or that he won't further down the line. He's probably just burying his feelings a bit because he's scared of being hurt or upset.

What Guys Said 1

• I know it doesn't seem like it but honestly over time you'll start to feel a lot better and mostly be able to forget about what happened. I've been through a few tough situations, but after awhile of doin what I usually do and tryin my best to keep my mind on other things I felt a lot better. Yea sometimes I still think about what happened and you might too, but overall you'll feel like 10x better.

What Girls Said 4

• It is true, time is a healer. About a month ago I didn't believe that either, but as time goes on it does get easier.

You more than likely will still think about what they said, what happened and everything like that... but it won't hurt like it used to.

And one day, you'll look back and think "I can't believe I even wasted my time thinking about that"

• True love waits, maybe you really at not meant for each other. You don't need to wait for that someone to love you, he will just come in the time you never expected. Forgetting the past and accepting reality would help to get over. I wish you good luck and don't lose hope I'm sure there are many people who loves you.

• I feel for you...I have been asking the same question to myself over and over...I wish I could say the right words to make you feel better but there is none really like they always say it must come from us---the one who feels the pain to make a choice in moving forward or not...right now I can say am taking baby steps towards it but it is not at all easy...I hope you can too in someways...take care

• Well, if your relationship was a success to both of you, you won't leave each other. Leaving each other means both of you or at least one of you isn't happy. So, if your not happy in a relationship so he's not the right person for you even if he's gr8 & you share a lot of good memories then its not worth the regret. The difficult part is that you have huge amount of memories together which makes you give in time mouring the time you spent together. But really it shouldn't be forever. You'll cry sometime, mourn it sometime but in the end HES NOT THE ONE FOR YOU & THE ONE IS YET TO COME. So keep yourself busy, love & indulge yourself you'll get over The MEMORIES ASAP. Its a Memory thing not the person himself because as I said earlier if its about the person you won't leave him. Its all about the memories dear :) Good luck...indulge yourself!