I caught my wife having cybersex with other men, what should I do?

I recently discovered that my wife had been having cybersex encounters with 3 different men over the course of a month.

I confronted her about it and there was the usual discussion that you might already be envisioning in your head. Lots of crying and yelling and sorries.

Now, many people might be thinking, "It's just cybersex. Not like it was real encounters." And to be honest, I actually agree. It's not really the cybersex that bothers me.

What is really damaging to our relationship is that the trust is now gone, possibly forever. Over the course of the month, there was constant lying and deceit. She would choose to spend time with them over me. She would talk about our relationship with them. She would confide in them, and they in her. It was emotional cheating in every sense of the word. I view her today as a very different person than I viewed her before.

We've been married ten years, and if you had asked both of us last week, we would've told you that we have a nearly perfect relationship. We agree on most things, rarely fight, and have lots of fun together.

I don't want a divorce. I've built a life with this person. It seems to me that the best way to move forward is to just pretend it never happened. But to pretend it never happened is to open up the door for it to happen again. What should I do? Can the trust ever really be rebuilt?
1
1