Do you all have tips to making it easier of getting over a breakup?

So I went through a rough break up not too long ago. It all first started when my new ex told me that he has cancer and is going to die since his family is poor. I couldn’t believe it, he just dumped me and blocked all contact from me. I felt really sad for days from having no closure. A couple days later, he messaged me apologizing for what he did and I asked what he did and he told me that he lied about having cancer. I didn’t know what to think or say, especially since I don’t think it’s cool to lie about dying. So I asked why did he lie to me and dump me and he said that there’s this girl who is blackmailing him to marry her and I told him to just call the police since it’s illegal and he’s just about to turn 18 (he’s a couple months younger than me) and I said I could have a friend call them if he was too afraid to and he just messaged me “mind your own Damn business (my name)!” That’s when I knew that he didn’t want to be with me anymore, he has never yelled at me like that before. After he lied about the cancer thing and not wanting to call the police on the girl blackmailing him, I knew he was lying about the whole thing. I found out later I was right after my friend told me that he put engaged on his social media bio and then he removed it a week later, assuming that he just wanted the story to seem believable.

Anyways, I still feel a deep pain because I’ve never had a guy give the worst lies to me just to get rid of me, My past crushes have only pulled hurtful pranks on me. My ex was my 1st boyfriend. I’m not even sure why he wanted to get rid of me and don’t want to know though. It’s just strange since he really seemed like he loved me. We were only together for 3 months so I guess that would’ve been a red flag.

I’ve been trying to find some closure into the breakup, I’ve deleted everything of us and anything of him and blocked him from social media. I still felt awful so I apologized to him for if I was bothering him too much about calling the police, he
1 y
And asked if he forgives me, he only Read it but didn’t respond which only made me feel worse. I don’t know what to do now. What do you all do to make it easier to get over a break up? I know it’ll probably take a lot of time but I was just curious on if I could make it easier to get over the breakup. Thank you
1
1