I want to stay friends but it's getting harder.. Please help?

I don't know what to do. I broke up with him 2 months ago and we have been trying to be friends. When we text I am fine, however, whenever we hang out in person I wind up crying because he either brings up the breakup or the last time he got me a card for my birthday and for some reason that made me cry even though it shouldn't have. One of the reasons that I broke up with him was because I was getting anxiety that I have never gotten before surrounding him. Once I broke up with him, it stopped until recently and I think it's because I realized how hard it is staying friends with him. I just feel like it's really hard on both of us being friends but I care about him too much to stop talking to him. I get the anxiety when I think about stopping talking to him and when I think about talking to him. What do I do?
2
0