Why would my ex-boyfriend shut me out and ignore me anytime he had a problem? Is that just a guy thing?

My ex-boyfriend and I had been together for a year and a half and we just split a couple days ago but anytime he had a problem he shut me out and ignored me. I just was wondering if that's something guys do. We had a lot of problems that led to us breaking up this was definitely something that bothered me a lot though and I didn't understand. Still dont understand.
1 y
Apparently I didn't word this question very well because how people are taking it is either completely opposite of what I mean or like I'm a crazy hung up ex.
1 y
1st I broke up with him and it was for A LOT of reasons this was just something that bothered me.
1
2