How do I move on from this break up?

I started to talking to this guy out of the blue and I guess we hit it off right away. Im friends with 2 of his ex's and i talked to both of them beofre i let things get very far. We went on our first date after only 2 weeks of talking and he impressed my parents right away as well. I thought the date went very well but he started working 2nd shift the next day. And that's when things started to go down hill. He didn't talk to me as much and he would leave me on read all the time. I didn't worry about it at first but then it started getting on my nerves that he was ignoring me. Now I understand that he is busy with the farm his job and school starting up again soon, but a simple hey I'm busy and I'm not gonna be able to talk much isn't that hard to say real quick. After the first date I got super busy as well as he did too. A couple weeks later and I'm away at a convention and he wouldn't even answer me when I asked a question. I was talking to one of his friends about it and he messeged him and ask him about it and he finally answered me. The next day he had a campus tour of the college he's going to. We were supposed to go to the truck pull that nite together, but he ended up breaking up with me a couple hours before we went. Saying the he knew he couldn't keep me happy anymore with all his responsibilities. He told me he knew I could do better than him and that I didn't need him in my life to hold me back. He asked if we could still be friends and of course I didn't want to lose him completely so I said yes. Now he's the only thing on my mind all the time and people are noticing that I'm not acting myself anymore. Like being depressed... but I don't know what to do. I miss him and I want him back so bad, but ik that he's going to college an hour and half away this fall and I won't be able to see him at all unless I drive down there or he comes home on the weekends. I need advice on how to move on, or what I should do to help get over him. Someone give me some advice pls.
How do I move on from this break up?
Add Opinion