Have you ever stayed in a relationship for the wrong reasons?

Have you ever been in a relationship that you should have ended, but instead let it continue for all the wrong reasons?

If so, what were the reasons (you enjoyed the company/sex, too complicated to move out, you were hoping to fall back in love, etc)? How long 'till you ended things for good?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Never done it myself but I have seen several marriages that are like that. In all of those cases, the reason for them to stay together was because it was too complicated to move (kids, nowhere to go, etc.). These people are miserable, though. I never wished that I was one of them.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. I'm in a relationship of 6 months right now. I had feelings at the beginning but those are no more. I've been hanging on in hopes that those feelings will return.. but they haven't. He's done a lot for me, and is very sweet. I guess I feel like I owe him something because of what he's done for me, so I don't know how or when to break it off. It breaks my heart because I wish I could have that feeling back.

I had a year long relationship with another really good guy, but the same situation. I just lost my feelings after a while. I only let the relationship continue for another couple of months before I broke it off.

I'm just bad at breaking up with people and I hate to do it. I often don't even know how or what to say. I don't like to hurt anyone.