How to move on when you still love them after the break up? How to let go?

Long story short I was in a serious relationship. Things were great, but a few times he lied majorly, broke promises, broke trust between us, etc... That plus some other things I knew he wasn't right for me and if I stayed I was going to end up hurt worse in the long run. I loved him very much (never felt this strongly towards someone) so tried working on our relationship and seeing where things would go. Could tell things werent going to change and trust couldnt be restored. After going back and forth for a few months with him decided to end it.
Even though the situation and he was hurting me I still love him. I've been through break ups before and have been able to move on. But with him I still am hurting, I know its for the best that we arnt together, but still am hurting. Seems like I shouldn't be so torn up about after a month but l still, but I am.
My question is how do I move on? How do I work though the pain and tears that still come up? How do you let go?
1
0