How to get my ex back?

There's this guy that I had been dating for a while. He's overseas at the moment, so we web cam most of the time and we're always on msn. But for the past couple weeks, things have been different. He's been acting weird and he decided we needed a "break" last week. I told him I was okay with it, even though I miss him a lot. We had started talking again and everything was fine until a few days later he started acting like he was mad at me all the time. He always gets jealous over nothing and for some reason he thinks I'm going to ditch him for my ex, who I haven't even spoken to in months! He acts like he wants me to talk to ONLY him, but when I only speak to him and no one else, he says I need to give him space. But when I talk to other people, suddenly I'm flirting and we need a break. I don't know what he wants me to do! He always tells me that he misses me and he still likes me and then he changes his mind and says he doesn't like me anymore. I still love him more than anything and I just want to fix this and go back to the way it was before. I've tried acting as if I've moved on to see if he'd comeback, and he always does, but when he does, he's pissed off because he thinks I don't love him anymore. I wish he would just make up his mind! I really want him back though. Is this just some sort of weird phase? Or will he come back around? I mean, he still acts like he likes me, but I don't know what to do anymore. How could I get him back?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I think you can get him back, but how often do you actually see him in person? Long distance is tough..

What Girls Said 1

• I had the same problem with my ex. He was going into the marines. We had been going out for a year and I knew what to expect when he left, as did he. He said he would call me, write, email, and MSN me everyday. Anyways, he acted the same way this guy is acting towards you, except he hadn't even gone to boot camp yet! I had this best friend, who was a guy, and he(my ex) would think I was always with him(my best friend) when I said I couldn't hang out with him(my ex). Everything was perfect, and one day for no reason at all he started to ignore me. We spent the whole previous day together and he even told me he loved me. The next day he ignored me and didn't talk to me and when he did he would only use one word to answer me back. Then at the end of the day I recieved a text that said "I don't think this is working out, I wanna break up" I was devistated and cried myself to sleep for weeks. Then all of a sudden(before he went to boot camp) he started to text me and we talked like we used to.I started to think to myself "maybe he wants me back" and I asked myself if I should tell him how I feel, but I didnt, but I'm glad I didn't. We started to talk everyday and we hung out too. The day he was leaving to boot camp, he texted me saying we would hang out as soon as he came back. Thanksgiving arrived so I texted him to wish him a good day and happy thanksgiving. Not even one word back. He went to visit one of my friends and he said he(my ex) was bragging about himself and was being so propper. He had gotten concieted and only thought of himself. I still miss him sometimes. But I think to myself that I'm better off without him. I'm better off without the pain of him not being here with me, him thinking I'm cheating, and I'm better off without HIM. Honey, you need to go out there and find yourself someone who will treat you right and who will love you for you. This guy is obviously messing with your head. You deserve better