Does he love me or should I move on?

I just broke up with my boyfriend of more then a year, and it was extremely hard but I had due to pressure from parents and police because he hit me and they said he's not mentally fit to be near me.I love him with so much passion I freaking waited for him for 8 hours outside his house when the police arrested him, and when I finally saw we both broke down and started crying and hugging but he says now to me both of us messed up and we should move on even if it hurts, but after he said that he turned around and tried to hide his face but I saw a tear drop, I can't take this pain! I need him! Surely he can go counselling for the hitting and it will all be back to normal! When we met up yesterday for me to get my stuff back we ended kissing each other amd I felt like my heart was getting ripped out, please what should I do,can anyone help me?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• It is NEVER okay for a male to put his hands on a female like that and you don't do that to someone you love I am 27 years old and I have never felt the need to use violence against a girl no matter how angry I ever was. If you want it to work they have free classes in every city that guys can attend to get counseling for something like that. Tell him that if he wants to be with you he will look into it and attend those classes, tell him if he goes and proves to you that he not only went but completed the course that you will be willing to work it out. If he really truly loves you he will do it. If he doesn't go well then your relationship isn't good enough motivation for him and as much as it may hurt...move on.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• He probably still wants to be with you but is afraid of hurting you again. If you really, honestly think he could change and you can't stand being away from him, talk to him. But make sure you think about if time could help you get over him. because you could both just be caught up in the moment and are being dramatic (could be) so think about it

• This might help: link