Why does my ex- girlfriend keep texting me and tells me she misses me?

We were together for 5 years, after a year and a half of dating we moved in together. We had our ups and downs and she always pushed to get married even though I told her I didn't want to feel forced. On October she went to a conference in New York representing her company. When she came back she told me that she met other people from the mother company from where she works for and that a job opportunity had come up. The job was in Connecticut and we lived in Chicago. She told me she wanted to try it and that she still wanted to be together. On Mid November we had an argument and I left the house in the morning to cool down. I went to my friends house and everything seemed fine. We were texting each other like always and she even told me how much she loved me. Later on I came back home to find out most of her stuff was gone. I called her and she didn't pick up, I kept texting her but nothing. Finally I got a text and she told me to live my life and that she felt free. I couldn't figure out what was wrong since everything was great before our argument. The next day I found out through a friend that she had moved to Connecticut, I decided to drive all the way from Chicago to Connecticut to talk to her and find out what was going on. When I got there she told me that she had broken up with me and to let her live her own life through a text. I never even saw her and I went back home. As the week passed on she started to text me and asked me how I was and what I've been doing with my time. We began texting and we even started to treat each other as before. She then told me how miserable she felt and how she made a mistake on leaving Chicago but she needed to stay for her job. Before Thanksgiving she told me she wished I didn't spend the holiday alone. I asked her if she would come back and after telling me that if she came back then she wouldn't go back, I then drove to Connecticut again, this time I got to talk to her. She told me how much she missed me and how she hates it there then she tells me to forget about her and to go back home. I was devastated! After the weekend she texted me telling me how much she cried after I left and that she wasn't over me and how much she loved me. After I asked her what she wanted she just said she wanted to stay there to save money and that we should consider us separated. I told her if that's what she wanted then I would let her be, two hours later she texted me saying she missed me and asking how I was. I finally took the initiative to tell her that I will let her be and wished her luck on whatever decision she decides. I told her I loved her and that was yesterday. I feel confused and lost, 5 years is not easy to forget and when I start to feel I can start moving on I get a text from her telling me how much she misses me and loves me. I am confused and now I don't know what to do...

10

What Girls Said 1

• Girls are weird... They tell you one thing and they mean another. They also never know what they want. She wants you to come back to her, but she won't tell you because she wants you to be the man and take the initiative. She wants you to be forceful. I know the girl code, but personally I think that it is a load of crap. In my mind you say what you mean. Unfortunatly most girls are not like that. They will tell a guy one thing just because they want him to figure it out for himself. She will not tell you that she wants you to stay. She wants you to just stay. That's why she keeps telling you that she misses you, and then telling you to leave. She wants you to stay without her actually telling you. She wants you to read her mind... Yes it's stupid, but you have to find out if you want a girl like that. If you really want to be with her you have to know that your going to have to deal with having to read her mind for the rest of your life. If you really want her take the initiative, be a man, be forceful, and tell her "I'm staying because I love you."

What Guys Said 0