Is he really depressed or is he playing me?

So he broke with me a few weeks ago and at first he told me it was because we have been arguing. Then he told it was because he didn’t feel like he was the right guy for me and that he didn’t love me as much as he first did. Also That I deserved someone better.. he literally broke my heart and I was crying and I told him that I believed in us and we could work. He accepted that and said we would take it slow.. so on the 4 of July he started saying some things that concerned me that made me think he was depressed. A week after this he started sayiing things a again that gave me red flags. that when I asked if he was depressed, he said yes. A week later I sat down and I talked to him about how he was feeling and he basically told me it was nothing and that he is fine and it’s like his attitude completely changed after he told me he was depressed. It was like he was his old self again... u think I would be happy again that he was back to himself but this just really confused me and makes me realize that I don’t wanna be with him. I felt like he is playing with my feelings
Updates:
1 y
Why do u say so?
Is he really depressed or is he playing me?
Add Opinion