Playing a song for a girl that's in a relationship - Good or bad idea?

I love this girl. I wanna be with her more than anything and I think she was into me recently too but I just waited too long to ask her out.

She's with someone else now but I think that we'll get together if they split up. I can play guitar and her name is one letter off from Layla. That song's back story was pretty much the exact same as my situation and it ended up with the writer getting with the woman he loved

I'd play either that or Iris (her favorite song)

Would it be sweet or would it be creepy?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think playing a song is sweet, but you're too late for that. You didn't make a move, she found someone else, it's over. Don't sit around waiting for her to get single, maybe she will, maybe she won't. Either way, it's not your place to end her relationship and if you really cared about her, you wouldn't interfere. Find another girl to fall for and learn from this and don't procrastinate next time. Pursuing a taken girl is completely illogical and frankly, not a nice thing to do. She'll just end up losing respect for you if you get in her way, she's not available anymore, you have to accept that.

What Girls Said 2

• Go for it! don't cheat! but if she really is feelin you shed break up with her new bf.

• You're disrespecting her boyfriend. You need to back off.

Would you want a guy who knows you're together, singing to your girlfriend? Think about the situation in reverse.

• You're wrong. A good woman who is into her man would stop this guy right away and tell him she's in a relationship, what he's doing isn't appropriate, and will leave the situation. I would never be mad at a guy for "singing a song" to my woman. I would be more pissed if she sat there and let it happen. If she did let something like this happen, the songbird could have her. Only wimpy guys and losers get mad at the other guy, and not the woman.

• Okay, first off. You don't have the right to tell me I'm wrong. It's my opinion, so in my eyes, I'm always right. And secondly, when a girl is in a relationship she should be free to be friends with dudes without having to worry about guys trying to steal her away. It's rude, uncool and disrespectful to her and her boyfriend alike.

• You don't have the right to tell me I don't have the right to tell you you're wrong. Ha! Guys will always try to steal attractive women away. It is the way guys are. I'm not saying it is right. What I'm saying is the woman's reactions to advances is what matters and that guys who get mad at the guy and not the woman are pansies. It's like wanting to beat up a guy for sleeping with your gal...when it should be the woman you're pissed at.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of guys make the mistake of chasing an already taken girl thinking "if only the relationship ended, she'd be mine".

What they fail to realize (or choose to ignore) is the fact that the girl has the power to end the relationship anytime she wants. She could end it right now and be with you. However, she's not. She's still with the current boyfriend. That should tell you everything you need to know about where you stand with her.

• True, but we were extremely close (like one of her best friends thought we were together). And her boyfriend has liked her for a long time, even when she was with someone else.

I know we're not together right now but I can see them splitting up VERY soon and I seriously do think that it'd work out between us