Does my boyfriend deserve someone better?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now. We’ve been in a long distance relationship and he came to visit me just recentlly. I honestly beleieve he deserves someone much better than me. He is the most sincere gentleman any girl could ever ask for, sweet, selfless, and caring. But I feel like such a burden to him... im poor. I can't afford to visit him or do things he wants me to do like send him packages like he has done for me a million times. I have really strict parents that dont let him and I even cuddle or sleep in the same bed. They get upset at me for everything I want to do with him, like go out on dates and when I do they call me a slut or whore and it hurts him to see me take that to heart as it came from my own parents. They also threaten me by saying they’ll disown me if I do anything intimate with him like simple sleeping in the same bed together (no sex) Im also veru insecure. My prents pick fun of my insecurities. and it makes me depressed and i can see it in hi eyes he’s tired of trying toncomfort me. I dont know what else to do. I love this guy more than anything in the world, but I can't let him deal with someone like me... he hass to dealnwith some many things that he never asked for.. what do I do? hl

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you have family and financial problems doesn't mean you're less or different from other people. your real value is within yourself, not your poverty, so don’t believe that you are the bad person your parent claims you are, you're worthy.

None of us can change our parents’ behavior, just as we can’t change the behavior of anyone else in our lives, but you can change things in your own life. if you’re still young and still living at home, you try to take yourself out of the situation where you have rows with your parents. I know what you're in is not your fault or your choice, but my advice to you is to try as much as you can to rebuild that relationship between you and your parents so you can prove you're capable of relying on yourself and that you can help the family financially by finding the right job.

Bad relationships don't happen overnight and therefore cannot be fixed overnight. It will be a work in progress and so it is important that you keep working at it.
    Create a good relationship with your parents and you'll find peace.

Most Helpful Girl

• 18 is still very. young, my parents were... are the same. I would not recommend doing it the way I. did. I went to the complete extremes made a point of gettng caught sneaking back in after a. night out would get caught making out with a guy infront of the house... I couldn't. drive even. till late last year because they kept me from that kind of. independence yet if walk and not come back for hours. I was stupid and.18, I cleaned the slate. my. parents now treat me ike an adult and im paying for my own rent and studies by working in a busy restaurant and most. weeks pulling double shifts when I do. not have classes running. it is not easy this. youngand suddenly being on your own.
    if you play the lamb and the victim they will treat you like it. show your parents you're strong, dont. show them that what they do. hurt you. take your independence in such a way that they will be okay with it. you're still young.