Can you make a relationship work with someone who doesn't want kids?

So me and my girlfriend have a 6 week year old baby that my girlfriend doesn't want. It is effecting our relationship Becuase i really love&want my daughter and would most likely die if we had to give her up. I am hoping my girlfriend just needs time since she has been going through a lot in the past 2 years and has been pregent for 14 months with out a break. Reasons why she doesn't want kids. 1. She lost twins last year that she wanted more then anything. 2. She hates kids. 3. Feels like she's too young to have kids and still wants to enjoy life. 4. Has pdst after her parents attacked her causing her to lose our twins. 5. Her life has gotten worse since our daughter was born. I'll explain later how but it's big. Why she's staying with me right now. 1. So we can help each other pay off debit. 2. To make sure i can support myself&our daughter before she leaves. 3. Becuase she loves me. 4. Has no choice till all debit is paid off. Here's what we argeed on to try making things work or try to at least save the friendship. 1. Get a A house with separte entrances so she can have her alone time away from us or just move someone close by each other. 2. Move out of state since she hates ny now.

2320

Most Helpful Girls

• That would be incredibly hard. Your baby. Mother doesn't want the baby, the father does. Going to be ongoing relationship issues caused by the one thing in the middle of it all. Your baby. If she didn't want kids, should have taken steps to keep that from happening. Second pregnancy. So, hmmm. So, based on Part II of your list, you take full responsibility for your baby, keeping her away from the baby. No telling how if she could snap with the PTSD and other emotional issues at play. But has she seen seen a doctor about postpartum depression?

• No she refuses to get help or talk to anyone.. the only person she talks to about it is her brother and 2 other friends. But i truest her with our daughter 100%

• Then you both will figure it out. Good luck!!!

• This will be very hard for both of you without professional help. Sounds like your girlfriend has postpartum depression. Added to the fact that she lost two other children in such a short time I am surprised she is functioning. That is a lot for one person. While I can see you are trying to be loving and understanding. You will need to decide how long you are willing to let her flip flop between being your girlfriend and not. Its very weird that she has had two pregnancies yet thinks herself to young to have children.

• The first one was our felt we were young and dumb.. the 2nd one birth control filed and she ddint wanna kill her child. I think she has it too but she refuses to get help but is willing to take pills for it.

• I'm sorry, but that won't help her get through this. You need to think about you and the baby if she isn't willing to get the help she needs. If she is really intent on not having children or being apart of the babies life, it may be better to have her sign off on her rights to the child. That doesn't mean she had to exclude herself from the childs life, but then she doesn't get to make key decisions, especially with her state of mind being the way it is, she may not have the childs best interests in mind.

• I known she wouldn't ever harm our child so no point in having paperwork filled out. But she's arrived to sign up for a class but said she won't talk

Most Helpful Guys

• 6 weeks is still fairly early, she's suffering as a result of her past and her desire to escape the situation is a result of that. She's running away from her demons and preventing herself from moving on. I would suggest trying to make her embrace her baby. Breast feed her hold her and understand that her baby is here and she won't lose her. Her fear of potential loss of another child probably plays a massive role in her not wanting this child.
    I think moving out of New York could work, but that is still just a method if running away. Whether you decide to leave NY or stay, getting her to embrace her child is priority number one, the second is cutting off communication with her parents. Info on the attack you obviously haven't divulged, but either way it's herendous and traumatising that they could/ would do that to there own child. Keep them away, they are despicable.

• That's pretty much what i try doing.. she's very good with our daughter but still says she wants to leave from time to time. I feel like we have way to many bad memories in nyc so a fresh start may be for the best. By a attack... Ill simple say if i did what they did i would be in jail right now.

• Starting fresh always good idea. You do realize she is having mental break down requires psychological treatment and sessions. No mom wants to give up kids. 2) grandma needs to know her daughter is seeking medical treatment and you require her help and support in this difficult time. Find State funded resources to get nurse to Come over help with house keeping so you don't get overwhelmed. Best luck. Pray & have faith this is temporary. Tell her to Thank god you she isn't homeless and should be content to what she has after all there are people that lose everybody n everything.

• We are homless but staying with my mom till we rent a room next week got kicked out of our shealter after her friends lied and said ssid we won't fit parents&abusing our daughter so almost got locked up.

• Yea thats why she wants to move from ny for a fresh start. Thank you for your input

• I agree with her.