Are there any married men who never cheated on their wives?

are there any married men who have lived with their wives for more than 10,20,30 etc... years together and NEVER EVER cheated?

i need to know the truth, my dad cheated on my mom with her friend, after 20 years of marriage.

Are there marriages without cheating?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, there are certainly marriages without cheating. I was with my ex-wife for over 25 years without cheating on her. We ultimately got divorced but that wasn't because of cheating. That's my only marriage, but I've been in several other serious relationships during my life and have never started a new sexual relationship until the previous one had ended. I only have one sexual partner at a time.

How much do you know about the circumstances? There might be a lot more than you know. I'm not saying it was justified but it's possible that if you knew the whole story it could be understandable at least.

Perhaps their relationship had gotten bad and they weren't having sex any more but didn't want to get divorced for some reason. I know I stayed around in my marriage for longer than I should have for a few reasons including waiting for our children to be grown. There were a few years near the end that, even though I wasn't, I think anyone that knew the whole story would have understood if I had sought love and sex with another woman.

So what I'm saying is that there certainly are marriages where no one cheats. Also, cheating with your mom's friend seems really bad but without knowing the whole story, I'll withhold judgment on your dad and suggest that you do also unless you are sure you really understand the whole story.

There might well have been significant problems in the marriage that you're not aware of and your mom might have been treating him badly. If you've only heard the story from one side, you likely do not know the whole story.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• first f all I would like to offer my sincerest apologies about what your father did to your mother. very heart breaking.

i have two family friends who have been married for 56 years and never even checked out another. the man recently passed away and the woman is absolutely heart broken. they were the perfect couple. another family friends couple (my namesake also) live in new orleans and have been together for about 35 years and are perfect with each other and couldn't picture being with anyone else and no slip ups. my parents were together for 20 years til they had a mutual decision about divorce. sometimes it works out, other times for some reason, whether its good or bad , don't . sorry again. but there is hope

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE