Is it Just me or am I not alone here?

Is it considered to be ironic if your really good at complex math but not basic math?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a friend in high school who could do complex math in their heads the simplist they could do is multiplication, but when you asked them to do addition, they had to really think lol. So your not the only one. But it's still a bit weird

1|0
    0|0
    • Ikr. I can't do complex math in my head but I am really good at it, basic math? Not so much

Most Helpful Girl

• know those people who do crazy computations in their heads? Well, they're usually not among the best mathematicians in the world. Just like most actors can't cry on the spot, and people who can are usually not the best actors in the world, or like that the best football freestylers are not even good enough at football to play professionally at the highest level. It's a technical skills that have something to do with the area, but not correlate with it perfectly.
    However, if you're good at complex math you'd be above average in basic math.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Different types of math challenges different parts of the brain. I had an easy time with basic math, but struggle to learn advanced math. While my cousin were opposite hard time with basic but easier with complex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mathematics is in everything. I guess there are many roads leading to the same place (solution). Some people approach from this side, and others from that side. And perhaps YOU (and others as well) don't use the roads but go cross-country. In a way.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just forget about the smaller stuff and focus on the harder stuff. That's why some have to pause a bit to remember the simple stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of my calc class has to use a calculator for the basic math part so I'd say it's pretty normal

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t even understand basic math

1|0
    0|0
  • I just over complicate shit...

0|0
    0|0
  • Weird

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm maybe! i fail with both so i wouldn't know haha.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes