Is it Just me or am I not alone here?

Is it considered to be ironic if your really good at complex math but not basic math?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a friend in high school who could do complex math in their heads the simplist they could do is multiplication, but when you asked them to do addition, they had to really think lol. So your not the only one. But it's still a bit weird

• Ikr. I can't do complex math in my head but I am really good at it, basic math? Not so much

Most Helpful Girl

• know those people who do crazy computations in their heads? Well, they're usually not among the best mathematicians in the world. Just like most actors can't cry on the spot, and people who can are usually not the best actors in the world, or like that the best football freestylers are not even good enough at football to play professionally at the highest level. It's a technical skills that have something to do with the area, but not correlate with it perfectly.
    However, if you're good at complex math you'd be above average in basic math.