I have never had a breakup. Am I missing out?

Should not having had a breakup make me feel like life passes by my side and I can't fully enjoy it.
  • Yeah, girl. You don't know the pleasure of getting heartbroken
  • No. Girl. Just no.
Just for clarification. I am thankful to myself for never having had a breakup. I made this question because some People told me that I will never be able to know and learn the lessons of breakups because I've never had them. I don't have to have a selfish boyfriend in order to realize that I should have a selfess and caring one. I don't have to be in an abusive relationship in order to understand that I shouldn't be in one. Etc. I am mafure enough to know what I w
I am thankful to myself for never having had a breakup. I made this question because some People told me that I will never be able to know and learn the lessons of breakups because I have never had them. I don't have to have a selfish boyfriend in order to know that I should have a selfless one instead. I don't have to be in an abusive relationship in order to understand that I should not be in one.
I am not missing out. More over I have gained a lot by not getting my heart broken

48116

Most Helpful Guys

• Alright this is a pretty interersting question if you look at the psycology behind it.

What is the actual reason that makes you think about this quuestion? Could it be that you consider yourself shallow and feel you lack dept compared to all heartbroken persons telling moving and tearfull stories about their life tragedies?

Or is this simply a question about if you are missing out on sleeping with other people than your current partner?

• More of the first one but you exaggerated.

• I agree it was a vit exaggerated and also had some typo. Wanted to get my point across.

Anyway I read your update and I think you came to a wise conclusion!

• I will break up with you. Consider yourself dumped. I've found someone else. I would say that it's not you, it's me, but... it is you. I just can't put up with your shit anymore. If I'm honest I was never really attracted to you. I also cheated several times.

We can still be friends though... but I'll ghost you in about a week's time.

How did that feel for you?

Most Helpful Girls

• Missing out on what exactly? Although happiness wouldn't be as good without a little bit of sadness every now and then (makes you appreciate being happy a lot more), wanting a breakup is actually somewhat extreme. Depending how long you were together and how deeply you had fallen in love, as well as the reason for the breakup, can mean that you'd be sad and in pain for several months, maybe even up to a year or over a year. You're actually grieving after a breakup (usually). I'm not sure why exactly you're longing to experience something like that, to me it sounds like you have some deeper issues that you might need to talk to a therapist about.

• I am a very emotional girl. If relationship then only forever lasting one.

• Wtf gorl, break ups are THE MOST PAINFUL THING EVER. You do NOT want to experience one. If you’re the one dumping you’ll feel guilty and bad for hurting the person. If you’re being dumped - feeling worthless and hurt. My most recent one made me lose 5 kg and I couldn’t sleep AT ALL. I even started getting wrinkles under my eyes from crying. You will at some point in life experience one and you’ll see what I mean, but I do hope it isn’t half as painful for you as it was for me. So NO YOU ARE NOT MISSING OUT, YOU ARE GODDAMN LUCKY!