I have never had a breakup. Am I missing out?

Should not having had a breakup make me feel like life passes by my side and I can't fully enjoy it.
  • Yeah, girl. You don't know the pleasure of getting heartbroken
    Vote A
  • No. Girl. Just no.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Just for clarification. I am thankful to myself for never having had a breakup. I made this question because some People told me that I will never be able to know and learn the lessons of breakups because I've never had them. I don't have to have a selfish boyfriend in order to realize that I should have a selfess and caring one. I don't have to be in an abusive relationship in order to understand that I shouldn't be in one. Etc. I am mafure enough to know what I w
I am thankful to myself for never having had a breakup. I made this question because some People told me that I will never be able to know and learn the lessons of breakups because I have never had them. I don't have to have a selfish boyfriend in order to know that I should have a selfless one instead. I don't have to be in an abusive relationship in order to understand that I should not be in one.
I am not missing out. More over I have gained a lot by not getting my heart broken

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Alright this is a pretty interersting question if you look at the psycology behind it.

What is the actual reason that makes you think about this quuestion? Could it be that you consider yourself shallow and feel you lack dept compared to all heartbroken persons telling moving and tearfull stories about their life tragedies?

Or is this simply a question about if you are missing out on sleeping with other people than your current partner?

1|0
    0|0
    • More of the first one but you exaggerated.

• I agree it was a vit exaggerated and also had some typo. Wanted to get my point across.

Anyway I read your update and I think you came to a wise conclusion!

• I will break up with you. Consider yourself dumped. I've found someone else. I would say that it's not you, it's me, but... it is you. I just can't put up with your shit anymore. If I'm honest I was never really attracted to you. I also cheated several times.

We can still be friends though... but I'll ghost you in about a week's time.

How did that feel for you?

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Missing out on what exactly? Although happiness wouldn't be as good without a little bit of sadness every now and then (makes you appreciate being happy a lot more), wanting a breakup is actually somewhat extreme. Depending how long you were together and how deeply you had fallen in love, as well as the reason for the breakup, can mean that you'd be sad and in pain for several months, maybe even up to a year or over a year. You're actually grieving after a breakup (usually). I'm not sure why exactly you're longing to experience something like that, to me it sounds like you have some deeper issues that you might need to talk to a therapist about.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am a very emotional girl. If relationship then only forever lasting one.

• Wtf gorl, break ups are THE MOST PAINFUL THING EVER. You do NOT want to experience one. If you’re the one dumping you’ll feel guilty and bad for hurting the person. If you’re being dumped - feeling worthless and hurt. My most recent one made me lose 5 kg and I couldn’t sleep AT ALL. I even started getting wrinkles under my eyes from crying. You will at some point in life experience one and you’ll see what I mean, but I do hope it isn’t half as painful for you as it was for me. So NO YOU ARE NOT MISSING OUT, YOU ARE GODDAMN LUCKY!

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 114

• If you've never had a relationship you are missing out large. If you've never been emotionally invested you are missing ouut large.

If you've had either of the above more than once you've had a breakup -know it or not-

If all of your relationships have ended well, no drama, then good on you and you are not missing anything.

1|0
    0|0
    • The thought that you were wrong for thinking he is the one gives you a pathetic feeling

• Or you go to that dark place and wonder what you did wrong or could have done better.

• I have never experienced death yet. Am I missing out?

6|1
    0|0
    • LOL 😂

• Show All
    • @marish01 well experiencing a breakup is your choice... You can break up with someone if you want. I can't evade death though 😅

• According to some religious folks, yes.

• Yeah you're missing out. There's no better feeling than breaking a girls heart and then fucking all her friends. I know that it's mean but it is also kinda awesome to absolutely destroy a girls life and make her hate herself. Only a cheating hoe deserves that though don't do that to good girls, although most girls aren't good.

1|0
    4|0
    • Well, sometimes, give the girls a chance to prove themselves.. and if she cheats.. just break up.. don't be mean... That's just hurtful.. I know that cheating is wrong, but be the bigger person.. let her feel even worse when u don't do a thing and just drop her like a hot brick

• Show All
    • Thank you! I guess you know I am right.

• Those who downvoted you kbow you are right too. Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Yeah totally, you're missing month long emotional pain, crippling depression and all the other "fun" stuff that follows the end of a relationship. Just like you're missing out on the experience of jumping out a window, or sleeping on train tracks.

If you're in a long relationship and really don't know what breakup feels like, you got a total jackpot. Don't ruin it for the experience. Don't jump out a window to find out what the asphalt feels like.

3|0
    0|0
  • If you're with someone who likes you so much the he would never do anything to lose you then the experience of a breakup is not worth it.
    If you do someday breakup you'll measure the next guy and relationship set by your ex and you may not find somebody and end up going through a dozen relationships very quickly.
    Sometimes It's best to realize when life has given you a good gift instead of wondering about all the other things you could have had.

1|1
    0|0
  • What are you trying to ask? Why are you questioning the fact that you have never had a break up?

Come on!. It's a very good thing that you have never had a break up, you should really feel lucky and happy for that and not question this.

1|0
    1|0
  • God no, I've only been through one, I got totally blindsided by it and it was fucking awful. A single text and I haven't seen her or heard from her since. I felt like I was on the verge of like abandonment panic attacks or something like that. Worst pain of my life. I did everything right and still got emotionally demolished, fuck that noise.

1|0
    0|0
  • "I've never had a breakup"is that mean you have never been in a relationship before or you are still in your first relationship?

1|2
    0|0
  • So you've been with your man for how long?
    I've been with Mrs. Browneye for nearly thirty years. :)

1|1
    0|0
    • I have always thought that rational People usually have long term relationships. Do you agree with me

• Perhaps there's actually something to that.
      But if you ask some of the teeny-boppers on this site they think I'm old and out of touch. LOL

• I think u two guys made for each other and you to understand yourself each other's and you have no commitment on your relationship, I think your perfect you boyfriend and his loyalty so that's why this relationship ship never got a an end point like breakup.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if u really love that guy then u don't want to think to lose him
    If u getting bored and don't love him then give him a solid reason for getting breakup
    Relationship is not about playing games it attached some emotions so take care of it and then do something ☺

1|0
    0|0
  • Ever had cancer?
    Ever had aids?
    Ever risk life in a war?
    Ever fall from a bridge?
    Ever hit by a train?
    I guess you missing a lot..

1|3
    0|0
  • Break ups are the worst. I"ve always wanted to have only one girlfriend my whole life but unfortunately that didn't happen. I feel happy for you and hope your relationship never ends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Feel free to get with me and I'll breakup with u so you can know what it feel like

1|1
    0|0
  • You need a honest and sincere man like me in your life, I am a honest person and have great faith in thy lord spirit from above in heaven and I need someone like you in my life, someone that will not break your entire feeling my dear love

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow... never knew people sought the searing pain of heartbreak...

1|0
    0|0
  • Your ego thinks it's missing out, but the deeper part of you isn't missing anything. However, most people confuse their false self thinking such thoughts are them. After all, you think this question is from you... but it's not, it's from the ego.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah.. drive a nail through your finger or put a cigar lighter on your nipple... feel fortunate that you haven't.. eventually you will feel it, dont wish it upon yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • I just don't understand why, how can u even think about that, if u think u r missing out something, break up nd then u will realize u made an absolutely wrong decision

1|1
    0|0
  • well, A broken heart and pain in life can teach you the very best lessons, so yeah

0|1
    0|1
    • I have good lessons in my head already without a broken heart.

• Show All
    • i agree with you there, But break ups are also happening because their partner cheats on them, and people who dont care about break ups and relationships are also suffering from depression, because just like i said, There are many reasons for depression

• That's why I said USUALLY

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 46

• Are you in a relationship? Are you unhappy in your relationship? Do you like your boyfriend? Do you know if he loves you?

I'm asking because of the answer is yes, than I don't think you should be asking yourself this question. There are not many chances at happiness if you discard them when they are given to you.
    So if you're happy, then try to make an effort in strengthening your relationship.

Also, you should talk to your partner (still assuming you're in a relationship) about these thoughts you're having. It may hurt him a little, but if he cares for you and you ask him for advice he will help you go through this. It's normal to be curious, to find someone else cute or whatever.

But if you're in a happy relationship and you have an opportunity of growing along someone who lives you, please don't throw it away. It's really precious.

So just work on strengthening your relationship, discuss with your partner openly, spend quality time to grow your bond.. You should hangout with your love at least once a week in order to not loose touch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you’re missing out on so much pain and tears and sleepless nights. Oh, wait, did I miss out the beautiful messy depression state for like two years after the break up? No? Well that’s great too. WTF? GIRL ARE YOU LIKE A MASOCHIST?

1|0
    0|0
    • Sorry I realized that sounded a bit offensive lol😂

• Not offensive at all.
      The only pain that I am craving for is childbirth pain.

• You are not missing out, at all. I had my heartbroken and it was horrible. There is nothing special or nice about getting your heartbroken. It's painful emotionally, physically, and psychologically. I was messed up for a really long time after being dumped

1|0
    0|0
  • While you do learn a lot from a break up, you'll have (possibly permanent) baggage to go with it. About a month and a half ago, my now ex broke up with me. It was an unhappy relationship so I'm grateful that I don't have to suffer through that. But now, I'm really hesitant to date again even if I really like the guy. My ex and I weren't together that long either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl heartbreak is the worst thing that can happen to you... I swear, a terrible past relationship, added with a terrible breakup and a terrible heartbreak can badly affect your future relationships especially if it was the first one. If there's anything I would want to erase from my life then it's that awful relationship story.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say you're missing out. If you're one of the lucky ones that finds the ideal partner on the first try - congratulations!

Don't throw that away if you're happy in your relationship. Just experiencing how it is shouldn't be the reason for a breakup.

1|0
    0|0
  • The feeling of having a broken heart or no longer having someone in your life you used to spend time with is awful, a real deep sinking feeling in the heart. It’s not something I would want to feel but I know it has shaped me in some way to be more resilient. I wouldn’t wish that pain on my worst enemy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you aren't experiencing Life, you don't know what it is like to fall in love and be with the person you love. It is true, better to have loved and loss than to never gave loved at all. Mental Health Professionals only really get concerned about a client when they hear they've never been in a romantic relationship... That is cause for major concern, it puts one on a whole different Mental Health Spectrum.

0|0
    0|0
    • "MHP only get concerned about a client when they've never been in a romantic relationship?"...
      Why, cultural context and the person's journey are aspects to consider. The statement you just mentioned it's a pretty blunt argument. It would imply that for instance someone that maybe has a career, education goal or work opportunities prioritized over love are maybe unhealthy?

• If you’re referring to a bd breakup, like something horribly emotional and heartbreaking... I don’t see why you’d want to experience that.
    I’ve never had one of those breakups before but I can definitely tell you, I’ve been the shoulder my friends come to when their relationship ended negatively. I don’t really want to be switching places with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a a whole new to me, I have never seen people think not having a break up is some how missing out on something... like gurl i don't get it. Most people hate breakups and are terrified that it might happen with their relationship unless their partner/relationship is complete trash. Sounds like to me you want out of your current relationship if your thinking a break up is good.

0|0
    0|0
    • People say breakups are good. They teach some thing.

• Yeah but only if a break up is needed, why break up a good relationship just to see if you're "missing something". I'm gonna tell you right now, the grass isn't always greener on the other side and leaving a good man to see is some special unicorn man is out there isn't going to make you happy. Many of people do this and when they realize they had good thing going, they try to run back to their ex but realize it's to late. So if you're thinking about breaking up, do it cause you're no longer into the relationship, not because you think you can do better if you already have better. Let that man go so he can find someone who wants to be with him and you can go ahead do what every want.

• Having a break up and making it through the heartache makes you stronger, but you aren't missing out on anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • So if you've never had a breakup, then you have never been in a relationship or you are still in your first relationship. Otherwise your statement is not true.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had never had a break up either beause I had never dated or had a boyfriend in my life

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you into pain and misery or why would you want to experience that?

1|0
    0|0
    • The only pain that I am craving for is childbirth pain.

• Good luck with that. I don't want to experience that ever

• A break-up is a loss and a gain in experience. I will depend in how you saw this person you're breaking with & what that relationship added to your life. Maybe it can be a painful experience or maybe a liberating one.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no "pleasure" in being heartbroken. It's good to not having to go through breakups, but they do help you grow although initially you do fall and it seems hard to stand back up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why. If youve never been in a relationship, then you should do something about that. If you gor the right on the first try then you should thank fate / God (s) and be grateful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its better to break up with your man randomly becAuse it keeps everything fresh and the reaction on his face when you rip his heart out is priceless. Make sure it’s right after some great sex. He’ll be even more confused lmao

0|0
    0|0
    • Give that advice to some bitter psycho sluts. I am not one of them.

• But it depends on who you are some girls are more likely to get abused by their partners then other girls are you the girl who knows when to leave or you stay and make it work? because you can't always make it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always did the breaking up, but it's not something that you would be missing out on. Sometimes it's not a great experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes