Would you let your ex follow you on social media?

Do u mind your ex following you on social media media? Or you will block him/her. Why and why not

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If she was a fan of the business, not sure I could stop any of them. But I doubt we'd talk all that much. I'd be respectful, but just keep it to business.

Follow my personal page? I'd find that creepy. Luckily, so far, only one wanted to do that periodically. I denied it. Periodically, I believe one wanted to in the past. Luckily, though, I'm not sure if they're aware I did a name change, so I'm not sure if they COULD officially find me. Maybe one of them, as I think we still have some mutual friends in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex and I are still friends on FB. We still keep in touch, like posts on each other's walls, etc. I don't mind because I never stopped caring about her, and I know she never stopped caring about me. It probably hasn't been an issue though since neither of us has dated anyone since our break up. It's really all about what's going to be best for you. If still having them on social media is going to hold you back or hurt you, then unfollow them.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't care, honestly. Then again, I am still friends with all the 'exes' (I only had one 'official' ex). This official ex and I were best friends until a while ago (and it wasn't like we fought or anything, we just drifted apart, I guess). I'm also still in occasional contact with the other guys.

I mean, unless you have a really bad and bitter breaking up, or your ex has crazy characteristics (like being a stalked, becoming a threat to your safety, taking your content and doing bad things with it).
    If she/he is a normal person, what good comes from blocking them? And what bad comes from letting them be?

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much time has passed. If it's a recent break up; yeah, that's just ASKING for drama. The break up wounds are still too fresh for anyone to be really 'happy' for the other person's love life with others. Personally, I feel the temptation to over-analyses the failures of the relationship is too much for me to handle so I block for my own good as much as theirs. And then there's the "will they/won't they" get back together question. But after a few weeks/months it fades and I wouldn't care if they wanted to "check up" on me or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 89

• I have no control over her, nor do I want to control!! She can Ghost, and online Stalk, all she wants, until she gets tired of seeing how well I am doing, moving on, and living!!
    Maybe stalking/ghosting just hurts her seeing what I am doing. I don't wish anything bad, to her, but she pushed me away.
    I'm moving on, and there are so many AMAZING, WONDERFUL women, to meet!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't bother me. In fact I have one ex (from long ago) that I'm connected with on social media. And if others wanted to I'd be find with that. My current girlfriend has several exes she's connected with too.

If any of them was hostile then I might not want them following me, but otherwise I think it's fine. I have more of a connection with my exes than a lot of other people that follow me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind at all. She is still my friend and I still care about her. And it is her choice if she wanted to follow me, why should I stop her. Even if she broke my heart, I would forgive her, and have peace between us

0|0
    0|0
  • All my ex's are my friends. We have learned to appreciate what we had and how it let us grow. So yeah. Absolutely. They at least deserve a good friend for support and kind words for putting up with my immature ass in the past. It really is the least I can do but they seem to appreciate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I allow it for each of mine who care to follow me, but they understand there is a strict,"No drama" rule. If she chooses to stay in my life she will get along with my friends, my other ex's, and whomever I am currently dating. I have no problems with any of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never blocked an ex and only 3 of them follow me at this time. I personally don't care because I don't really feel concerned about anyone following me. They either like me or they don't, they like what I post or they don't. *shrugs* about sums it up. I would be curious if particular exes followed me now, but it would only be. because I'd wonder what changed to make them decide to follow now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I unfriended my ex pretty much the moment we broke up. Not being childish, I just know I would be checking on her and that wouldn't help me get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on many things. If we broke up because she was cheating on me or if she broke my heart in some way then I would block her. If we broke up because of something like a mutual loss of feelings and we decided to remain friends then I guess I wouldn't mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I blocked my ex girlfriend just after we broke up and she did the same with me. We live VERY far away from each other, so I don't think it makes any difference anyway. We don't talk to each other nowadays and this is just how it has to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've not blocked her on Facebook because I know she's too nosey for her own good. I know she'll trawl through my feed every so often, and I know she'll feel sneaky about it. Nothing to hide.

0|0
    0|0
  • Block
    1.) Racist voice message and tried to hack my Twitter account
    2.) Pervy messages and asking for nudes when I am dating someone. I never send nudes nor ask for them.

They both deserve their bans

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the conditions of the breakup. If it's amicable, then I wouldn't mind at all. Otherwise, yes, I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would allow, unless she is ruining the environment.
    She was a part of your life.
    And yes she does deserve to know about you, since she too loved you equally..
    And may be you never know she might come back.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see anything wrong with it. I rather have it on good terms than us wanting to kill one another with words.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, only crazy people just block people for being exes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer block her cuz if she still exists around you.. you 'll always think about her and think about silly issues happed before and won't be able to continue your life normaly specially if you 're emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I blocked my ex. You hear about people doing this and becoming really depressed. Out of sight out of mind works for me. We still text and she has a problem with me blocking her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have her on facebook. I don't really use facebook, I just call her and we are still really close friends. I still love her, but she is remarried and unfortunately that opportunity is gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind but it would depend on why we broke up and how I feel about her

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont care i dont use social media for anything exept my interest. Which she can't see since the groups are private

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't bother me, as I generally remain on friendly terms with my exes anyway. would be weird if it was a bad break up though, I wouldn't go out my way to block her etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it most of my exs and I parted on okay terms it can be hard to see them find somebody else though so for your sake you may not want to let it happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I blocked mine because a breakup is the decision not to see each other anymore. Rather keep the memories of the good times like life before social media

0|0
    0|0
  • Um if she got social media again and found me on there? ... I'd block her immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a firm believer in blocking my exes. If we're still in each other's lives in any capacity, moving on entirely is impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality I wouldn't, I know it's u healthy but I just can't get 'her' our of my life... I still like her

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if I’m trying to move on and i still see her pic I will get her off my following list other than that go ahead be jealous of my happiness bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have social media, and one of the many fringe benefits is not having dilemmas like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. An ex is out of my life and I don't want them following me anywhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no, she's an ex for a reason and in the past is where she belongs not keeping tabs on me

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 74

• My last relationship was very abusive so I have as little to do with him as possible.
    We've got a little boy so we're in touch on a need-to-know level, but I could never be friendly with him or give him access to what's going on in my life, so no.

My two exes before him and I follow each other on social media and we still talk. I'm glad I'm still in touch with them. There is no bad feeling there

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex, yes. Because I see no harm in it. We didn’t end on the best terms, but we also didn’t end on terrible terms. I think you shouldn’t let you ex follow you if they are a toxic person and if they bring negative energy to you. So, it really depends. For me, I don’t mind that my ex follows me. I’ve moved on and he no longer effects me. However, we are all different and need different things. If the fact he follows you bothers you, or if it brings up negative emotions, I would block him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends which ex. My ex husband was an abusive douchebag so no, I wouldn’t let him. But my ex from when I was 18, we split cuz I moved to Canada. A few years later he came out as gay. It never would have worked between us but I still love him. He’s my best guy friend. I have him on Facebook and IG.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably block him because I'd think of the past relationship as a chapter that has ended and I wouldn't want to keep any connection to him. The only exception would be if we had been friends and started dating just to see if we could be more but mutually agreed that there was nothing romantic between us. In that case, we could go back to being friends without holding each other back from moving on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how nasty the break up was. If it was really bad I'd probably block them because I wouldn't want them in my life at all and I wouldn't want them seeing my stuff. But if we were on good terms I don't think I'd really care if they followed me on social media or not

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it at all. Assuming I'm on good terms with my ex, which I always try in the end of every relationship I have (platonic or not), I wouldn't mind them following me or being in contact with them. If they did something absolutely awful then I would block them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually never blocked my ex when we broke up and I forgot about him lol I don't really care. It's not like I'm talking to him and I don't ever want to get back with him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't really have anything against it. My social media is not private. I currently have two exs following me on social media. I just don't follow them back.

0|0
    0|1
  • After we broke up my ex actually did some stalkerish things ( sending letters to my house, put a pizza on my car, randomly drive up to my job but never get anything.) so I had to block him on social media just for the safety of me my family and future relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really mind, I've never been the one to block anyone, idc if they see what i post or something, if they message me and its something i don't want to answer i just don't answer plus I'd be curious to know what they have to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • The last one is still following me, he even liked my last pic. The bastard should see how I glow without him!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't end relationships unless it's unbearably bad and toxic, so there's no reason to have someone like that in my life. They get blocked ASAP.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. Definitely not my last. I want nothing to do with him anymore. I want to be dead towards him as he is to me. Just nothing. xD Im already cool with some of my ex's but i still wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind at all. It's actually good to see updates from each other cos you will completely confirm that u have totally moved on from him. Plus, he'll see you doing great. His lost when he was the one who broke up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually don't block or unfriend people unless they harass me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the ex. I only have snapchat, and this site, so probably. If we split up amicably, absolutely. If it was a bad breakup, fuck no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only block them if they hurt me deeply and I want them to be 100% out of my life. Otherwise I wouldn't care if they follow me or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never broken up with someone but I dont see why them following me would be a problem. People can still coexist after a relationship. I dont think every breakup has to be messy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would because I have no bad blood with any of my ex's we continue to be Acquaintances and it's not like we talk we just occasionally like pictures or view stories

0|0
    0|0
  • sub? Last ex got too jealous being on it when I met someone else. But I do have a few ex's I've stayed friends with from the past that are on my fb.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I generally don't care. Unless they cheated on me or disrespected me, I don't care if we're friends on fb/instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we're good no problem, if things ended badly then know I wouldn't let him follow me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, besides my until I made it clear to never speak to me again use to bother me every few months anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, my posts on social media tend to be very sexual, and there is no way in hell im letting my ex see that
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't let him /her follow me because if I'm trying to move on I don't want to think about him /her every time he /she likes my photo or something similar, but I wouldn't block him /her either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah! There’s no problem for that, unless they were trying to get back with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we remained friends, and things weren't weird between us then I would mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • No not really coz he would only mess up my life and i dont want to see him anymore

0|0
    0|1
  • If we ended on good terms then most likely. That hasn't happened yet soooooooooo... as now? No lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Just don’t be friends with them there... if you end on horrible terms block them

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes