What helps you to move on after a break up?

828

Most Helpful Guys

• So far, it's been me throwing myself into work. I happened to be really busy the first time, and didn't have a huge amount of time to obsess about the relationship anyway. It was short lived, and I learned that she had been cheating almost the whole time... but I think the heavy school load helped keep my mind off things a bit more than it might have naturally.

I spend some time with friends, anyway... and never have ignored them to spend time with a woman. I still have to spend time with friends. So I did that as well.

• Focusing on yourself and getting other aspects of your life back on track. The world seems a lot less darker when your life is in order and you feel good about youself.

Once you have your own life back on track you may be ready to look for someone new to share it with.

Many try to "look for salvation" in dating someone new in order to "fill the hole in their chest" this usually leads to failing short relationships. Which just make matters worse.

Most Helpful Girl