Do you Block your Ex's Friends on Social Media after a Breakup?

Do you Block your Ex's Friends on Social Media after a Breakup?
During a Break up Friends will pick sides and some will inform on you to an Ex. It's almost always been the case in my dating life. I tend to cut ties with her close friends and family after a break up so I can better get past the relationship. But there are those Friends that turn into Spies that create undue drama, especially on social media. So I just end up blocking most of them for the short term to control any negativity or I just delete the account for about 3 to 6 months. It keeps me a bit happier in the short term.

What about you?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If we met through my ex but had a relationship that didn't involve him then we'll stay friends. Like become close friends outside of the relationship.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My situation was so bad I had to take it one step further and quit the websites I was on. Blocking was never going to be enough. Not only did I lose most of the acquaintances I had in real life but I lost all of my online friends as well due to my backstabbing ex.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the reasons for the break-up and how it all goes down.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why... only if they were pricks yes... but no.. usually people stay away from drama. I tjink anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once it’s done, it’s done. No reason to rub salt on your own wounds.

0|1
    0|0
  • Block and then unblock

0|1
    0|0
  • We never dated.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I don't block anyone. Go ahead, take her side. Ruin my life, leave your petty shit talks about what I done. I just wouldn't care. I'd move on. I don't like giving into drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never block anyone
    I do unfriend them if I only have them on my friend list due to my ex
    But I don't block them

1|1
    0|0
  • If they are my close friends too then I wouldn't. Even if they weren't, I wouldn't block them, I would just rarely ever meet them...

0|1
    0|0
  • I am not active on social media so I wouldn't know. Facebook can rot in hell.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would if they sided with her.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes