Have you ever broken up with someone and then gotten back with them?

How long did the relationship last?
What happened?
How long did you guys spend away from each other?
How did you get back together?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have done it, usually not a good idea, but depending on why you broke it could be okay. If the person cheated, or did something terrible, DEFINITELY don’t. If it was something like you needed a break for a little and there is still a connection, then you might have just needed some time away from the relationship. Most couples that have been together for awhile have either taken a break or needed space for each other.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I got so confsued because she kissed me on the forehead before she left

• Broke up after a year of dating, we couldn’t not speak or see each other because he’s friends with all my guy friends and my eldest brother but two years later when I was 17 he was trying to mend things between us and we went on a few dates, kissed and so on but then I found out he had sex with a girl who not only was so drunk that she fell asleep at a party but also was a virgin. So I completely cut him off asap.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• We broke up twice, 1st time lasted a total of 2 hours and the 2nd lasted less than a day when we realised we loved each other too much to go a day without talking 😋

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I have. My first ever date snd kiss were from a pity date. I ended it in three days because I didn't like her. Shortly after I asked her back out, again, due to pity.
    The second time we dated, we had sex (also my first time ever) and it was disasterous to. To the point even where I legitimately questioned my sexual orientation afterwards. She eventually ended it this time, but not because of the sex. She said it was because of my questioning.
    Months later, I dated a girl that I actually DID like, and, even though we never had sex, we were still intimate in other ways. Though I still never climaxed, I was just much happier with her in general.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• First time it lasted 6 months. Then I left him and realized it was a mistake and that I never realized what an amazing man I had and that I didn't appreciate him enough. After 2 months we matched on tinder and got back together. We've been together 2 more months and are doing amazing. I just needed the time to learn a few things and grow up a little so that I could be the good partner he deserves.

3|1
    0|0
  • I have! The first time the relationship lasted nearly 3 years, but after our break up (due to me moving) and make up we broke up again after 2 weeks. We were spilt up for less than 2 months before we got back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few times. One ex we tried four times, the last time lasted over a eight months, I ended up getting a concussion and couldn't remember us being together again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been in the saying phase of a relationship and stopped and started talking to him again.

It didn't work out.

I wanted more and he was too busy and I just wanted more of his time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. If we broke it... there was a reason for it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yep. @TallGuy96 and I are back together :) he is the only one though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did. Lasted 4.5 years with a bunch of short term breakups because he was a manipulative dick..

0|0
    0|0
  • I have broken up and then hooked up. But never got back in a regular thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a few times and it turned out to be mistakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and it's how my current relationship started lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I always move forward, never backwards.

0|0
    1|0
  • Never have.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 times in one day.
    We not together anymore.

0|1
    1|0
  • Don’t don’t do it. Please don’t it do it. - Drake

0|1
    0|0
  • No i won't.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope 😆

0|0
    0|0
  • Not on purpose

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 4 months on/off Big mistake

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have. Regretfully.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t do it.

0|0
    0|1
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 22

• Never. Came close one time, after pursuing her and mending things between us. But that fell through mostly because of another guy who also wanted her got involved and got into her head. I don't miss high school bullshit like that xD

0|0
    0|0
  • No and I don't plan to either it was fun but you broke up for a reason even if it was something dumb that chapter of your life is over not saying you have to drop them like week old leftovers but you sure don't have to go and date them again being friends won't kill you give that a try

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been in an on and off relationship when I was 14.

The relationship lasted for 1 y and 2 months, with the last 3 months (as far as I remember).

Getting back together consisted of me begging for it.

We spent maybe at most a week apart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because sometimes you have to have time apart to figure out things and get back and it will take him better than before and sometimes you realize that it was not good for you it's best to move on so it's a pick and choose type thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes 1st time we dated for 8 months then we got back together for 2 more months

We took a 2 month break

We reconnected after we confess we still had feeling for each other during a school dance

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and it was really weird. We were separated for 3 months and when I went back to her she seemed like a completely different person. It didn't last too long after that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep with two different girls I thought I really loved. One lasted another few years. Same problems plus more. She left for another guy... Again.
    Not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, after a relationship of a year. It worked for half a year but then ended again for the same reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Can "getting back together with them" be interpreted liberally enough for it to mean banging them a couple more times after you're broken up?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dates for 8 months, broke it and stayed friends for almost 2 years, tried again and lasted shy of 3 months. Mistake but I had to realize on my own. Now I finally moved on from it all

0|0
    0|0
  • If you break up then there's definitely something going on. so figure out the issue. didn't work the 2nd time for me people dont change. so before getting into it think again. but good luck 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Without it you will never enjoy make up sex. Hottest sex you will ever get. Especially when you guys haven't talked for 3 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. When its over, its over. Dont water a dead plant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did I was with my fiance for 2 years we fought broke up then 2 months later I'm back with them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, dont recommends it. Starts out good but the same things will come back and it ends again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly! Nothing changes for good. It's a bad idea unless the other person makes lasting changes. Usually tho, change only lasts as long as a week or two tops. I've left my marriage 3x and nothing ever stayed better, all went back to usual behaviors.

• I've never broken up with anyone. I'm loyal

1|0
    0|0
  • Makes no sense and will lead to another break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not before

0|0
    0|0
  • No i haven't

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and no

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys