I pushed away someone I love (its hard for me to love) will I get him back?

So I was dating this guy for about 6 months, we fell in love with one another and it terrified the hell out of me. I kept pushing him away by almost dumping him (I know dumb af). He finally went along with it and said that he just wants to be friends. I felt my heart snap, I know it’s my fault but still, hurts like a mother. It made me realize that I made a terrible mistake and would never intentionally push him away again. I’ve notice that he’ll stay up super late (he usually goes to bed at around 10 or 11pm because he has to wake up super early) and watches my snaps as soon as I post them, I’m a night owl so I’m usually up till around 3am, if I reach out (if he really loved me) will he come back around?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably broke his heart, hence he can't sleep and not sleeping so up latervthan usual.
    If you want to fix it you have to reach out. Youbcant expect him to. It's your mess. You have to show that you know you made a mistake and start fixing it

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You will never know, unless you try.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Well, a brutally honest question deserves a brutally honest answer. The general public at large generally assumes that men take no risks from asking a girl out on a date or confessing they actually like or love the person that they've been dating. This is not true. Men are prideful, even betas. It's just a matter of how much pride they have. We men put that pride on the line, for the ultimate prize of the queen of our hearts. And putting our pride on the line is our greatest risk we can take. Yes, it pales in comparison to female risks, and yes it will sadly never be equal but we don't live in an egalitarian world. In the world that we do live in, this is the most we can offer up: Our pride and dignity. So when it's trampled by telling the guy he's no good, or simply distancing yourself without saying anything it's a blow to his psyche and to his confidence. Both in himself, and in whatever love actually existed.

If you truly love this dude, nothing would feel better than to have you be upfront with the guy and hear your reasons (key word: Reasons. We may not like longwinded stuff all the time, but when it comes to why there's a falling out, we really do want your longwinded answer then ladies.) for why it happened. Now, even after you tell him your reasons there's no guarantee of a yes and even if a yes, it might take him more time than usual to trust. The TLDR is that yes, men have learned to feel like a female, and it's not a bad thing. It also means that women should feel confident enough to take some masculinity and protect the relationship they worked hard for. It takes two.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a raw answer, it gave me some insight on how that XY brain works

• You broke the dudes heart. You probably won't get him back

1|0
    0|0
  • ? Women, am i right. okay cool.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes