Is it weird that he didn't see any other girls during our breakup? Does this mean anything?

Me and my boyfriend broke up 3 months ago
He still wanted to remain "friends" after our break up
So we were still seeing each other as friends
He would always be the one texting me or calling me and wanting to hang out every week to movie and all

I met this other guy 1 month ago and we started talking and started going on dates since technically I was still single
I started liking him so we had heavy make out sessions
And then 1 week ago, me and my boyfriend went out for lunch and he saw a "hickey" on my neck and got upset
And started asking me about this other guy (e. g. his nationality, his job, how he treats me, etc)
And I finally told him the truth about the guy
And then he said "Im so hurt right now, I never once went out with another girl or kissed another girl because I wanted to work things out with you, I really loved you"
Then when he dropped me home, he blocked me on social media

I realized Im still in love with my boyfriend
So i broke it off with the other guy
And confessed my feelings to my boyfriend via another app
And he confessed his true feelings as well to me
And so we got back together this week (yesterday)

Is it weird that he didn't see any other girls during our breakup?
Does this mean anything?
  • Yes its weird
    Vote A
  • No its not weird
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• He didn't see other girls because he hadn't given up on you. Also, men take longer to get over relationships because we invest more into them. It took me almost a year after my last breakup to start having sex again

2|2
    0|0
  • I would say no. Especially since he was right in a way. You still had feelings for him and seeing as in you both are back together, it all worked out for the best. You probably already loved him, but didn't realize it yourself until you were broken up, just friends and then saw his hurt and jealousy from you being with another man. Then the finally part in your realization that you actually were in love with him, was when he blocked you on social media and you thought even if just for a split second that it was over with him for good, even the option to remain friends, which forced you to come to terms with how you really felt all along without even realizing. A part of you couldn't live without him, and when he was still a friend in your life you didn't have to fear that. But when you thought he was going to leave for good from your life, and was hurt and angry, you knew you wanted him, more than you would want another guy.

Which is how he felt the whole time during the break up, and he was already aware of it, so he didn't care about any other girls. He wanted you. And only you

4|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No it's not weird for a guy who still loves a girl to not date sny other girls. Why is this a week then, he explained it to you. Makes total sense he never stopped loving you.

4|1
    0|0
  • No, it's not weird.

I assume he wasn't emotionally ready to date other girls because you were on his mind. Just like he said "I wanted to work things out with you". But it shouldn't be your fault that he was hurt from you dating someone else since technically you were both single and free to date whoever.

3|2
    0|0
    • Exactly, I was single.
      And these guys on this saying I have no self respect.
      What the eff?

• Well, say if you two had broken up and then a week later you dated someone else then yeah I would see their point.

• I dated the other guy 2 months later

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• You dont explain how/why you broke up. But clearly your boyfriend was still into you and hopeful of reconciling. The constant communication would have meant he never moved on.
    You didn't do anything wrong, you were single, it seems to have worked itself out so move on from the past and look to your future

1|0
    0|0
  • He was loyal to you. He wanted you and even though you broke up with him, he still wanted you above everything else. You had him replaced in a month. How much did you really love him if you could replace him that quickly?

0|3
    0|0
    • Totally agree. I think she should stop fooling herself and tell him the truth, because she is just going to break his heart

• Most people don't just straight to another relationship after a real one has ended. Not weird in any way whatsoever.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all weird in my eyes.
    if he loves you and wants to get back together, why would he be chasing other random girls?
    I find it weird that you find it weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion is : It's not uncommon for some. one to remain single after such a short breakup. Some time it takes awhile for men to rebound and get back into dating. The reasons are numerous and may require time to sort out.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't weird but he couldnt get his head out of you being his girl.
    He thought you just wanted space but didn't realize he should see someone else but for guys its typically hard to find someone

0|0
    0|0
  • that is not weird he is just realy in love with you and wanted you back even when he had someone else then he whas still thinking about you and because of that he wanted you back

0|0
    0|0
    • He didn't have anyone else.

• yea i know because of that he realy loves you i said if he had someone else i didn't meant to say that he had someone just if he had someone

• It's not weird if his goal is to still make the relationship work which is what it seems to be. However... I'm afraid both of you are head over heels in love which may or may not be a good thing. Neither of you will be able to make logical decisions regarding the relationship while you are in love. That's just the way those hormones work.

Point being... you may have fallen out of love and found you weren't compatible without those hormones only to fall back into it. I don't think time apart would be a bad thing for either of you. Not to break up, certainly still see each other, but I'd say you need to do what you can to rethink the relationship and test to see if it can hold up without all the hormones... if it can't it's not worth it. The hormones WILL wear off, that's just how they work. You can choose whether you let them make a break up hard, or allow you both to be good friends in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably lying to make you feel bad about what you're doing.

0|0
    2|3
  • Not really, it just means he cared about you more than you cared about him.

0|1
    0|0
  • He loves u. Breaking up and first was something else. He loves u and he knows he can still get back to u.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be he's faithful and trustworthy or he's bi... You may all sip as much tea as you like xD

0|0
    1|0
  • The time you are in a relationship is the time you need after the breakup to get back to your self. 1 month and date again is in my eyes way to early.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably just takes relationships very seriously, and or still loves you from the inside

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be he never stopped loving you and that's why he didn't date. Often it's not about wanting someone else; it's about not being sure about what you have. My wife and I are breaking up. It's not because we're in live with someone else. It's because we don't work as a couple. We ate still best friends and parenting our children together. Actually, for now, we still live in the same house for our Kids, money, and health insurance. We plan to talk to an attorney to see if we can be legally separated but maintain the same address for a while.

0|0
    1|0
  • No not weird, i think he just really like you

2|2
    0|0
  • He must have low testosterone

0|0
    2|3
  • Yup its weird.

0|0
    3|4
  • He is definitely committed to you!

1|0
    0|0
  • He might be gay

0|0
    2|3
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Well he says he didn't. If that is indeed true I would say he was being faithful to someone he loved in the hopes that you would get back together. But obviously you gave up on him way too easy and didn't waste any time on a rebound. But at least you both came to your senses. Now you gotta work rebuilding trust and what was broken down between you. Some counseling with you both wouldn't hurt.

2|2
    0|0
    • Yeah he told me 'you gave up on us so easily'

• Im actually going through something kinda similar, my ex broke up with me 3 months ago, we have been talking every single day, he always initiates contact. We haven't hungout though. From what I know from a mutual friend, he isn't dating anyone new so... i still love him though and still hoping that we'd somehow get back together.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like he’s more than saying he valued and still values you and what you guys have. He also gave you his reason bluntly. He obviously doesn’t want to be separated from you and really wants to work things out.

1|0
    0|0
  • COME ON GIRL IT MEANS HE LOVES YOU 😭

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men tend to sleep around after a break up so it’s either him lying or him regretting the break up after he found out you’re with someone else. Either way he still loves you otherwise he would have just walked away or be cold in response.

0|0
    0|5

Recommended myTakes