Is it weird that he didn't see any other girls during our breakup? Does this mean anything?

Me and my boyfriend broke up 3 months ago
He still wanted to remain "friends" after our break up
So we were still seeing each other as friends
He would always be the one texting me or calling me and wanting to hang out every week to movie and all

I met this other guy 1 month ago and we started talking and started going on dates since technically I was still single
I started liking him so we had heavy make out sessions
And then 1 week ago, me and my boyfriend went out for lunch and he saw a "hickey" on my neck and got upset
And started asking me about this other guy (e. g. his nationality, his job, how he treats me, etc)
And I finally told him the truth about the guy
And then he said "Im so hurt right now, I never once went out with another girl or kissed another girl because I wanted to work things out with you, I really loved you"
Then when he dropped me home, he blocked me on social media

I realized Im still in love with my boyfriend
So i broke it off with the other guy
And confessed my feelings to my boyfriend via another app
And he confessed his true feelings as well to me
And so we got back together this week (yesterday)

Is it weird that he didn't see any other girls during our breakup?
Does this mean anything?
  • Yes its weird
  • No its not weird

732

Most Helpful Guys

• He didn't see other girls because he hadn't given up on you. Also, men take longer to get over relationships because we invest more into them. It took me almost a year after my last breakup to start having sex again

• I would say no. Especially since he was right in a way. You still had feelings for him and seeing as in you both are back together, it all worked out for the best. You probably already loved him, but didn't realize it yourself until you were broken up, just friends and then saw his hurt and jealousy from you being with another man. Then the finally part in your realization that you actually were in love with him, was when he blocked you on social media and you thought even if just for a split second that it was over with him for good, even the option to remain friends, which forced you to come to terms with how you really felt all along without even realizing. A part of you couldn't live without him, and when he was still a friend in your life you didn't have to fear that. But when you thought he was going to leave for good from your life, and was hurt and angry, you knew you wanted him, more than you would want another guy.

Which is how he felt the whole time during the break up, and he was already aware of it, so he didn't care about any other girls. He wanted you. And only you

Most Helpful Girls

• No it's not weird for a guy who still loves a girl to not date sny other girls. Why is this a week then, he explained it to you. Makes total sense he never stopped loving you.

• No, it's not weird.

I assume he wasn't emotionally ready to date other girls because you were on his mind. Just like he said "I wanted to work things out with you". But it shouldn't be your fault that he was hurt from you dating someone else since technically you were both single and free to date whoever.

• Exactly, I was single.
      And these guys on this saying I have no self respect.
      What the eff?

• Well, say if you two had broken up and then a week later you dated someone else then yeah I would see their point.

• I dated the other guy 2 months later