How do you get over a break up?

43

Most Helpful Guys

• You go through.

Embrace the feelings you have.
    If you feel you need to cry, cry.
    If you need to scroll through old texts or photos and smile, then do that.
    Appreciate the experiences that make you, you.
    there's nothing wrong with feeling hurt, or sorrow.
    Once you feel that your ok, start going back out again, be the best you you can be.
    Be social, make friends, enjoy life.

Just know that there's a reason for everything no matter how bleek it seems.

• I know a lot of people say go get laid. That's a temporary fix. Jumping into a new relationship is a longer term fix, but the danger is "falling in love" with someone you don't really love, just to fill the void. The best way to get through pain is to confront it. Let yourself feel and process until you are ok with you again. Easier said than done.