How do you move on when you're still in love?

I need to know how to move on from a guy I am still seriously in love with. For two years, I have been with a guy whom made me belived he was trully in love with me, he even made me his fiance, and were planning a future togther. Then only to find out he was repeatedly cheating on me. I confronted him, he confessed, then broke up with me. He also moved to another country. Now Im left with everything that reminds me of us. He cut all the communications. He made messing and breaking me up so easy from his side. Im tired, broken, and in pain. I need to know how to get rid of all these emotions.

1544

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow.. I'm going through the same thing. Just went through a breakup and found out a lot of stuff that should have been red flags. But I was thinking with my heart and not my head. Now I am left brokenhearted and she is with the guy she was fooling around with to start with. So I know how u feel. I wish I could give u a simple answer but there is not one. I sure now everything u see or every song u hear makes u tear up. Only way I know even tho it sounds crazy is to forgive him. Even if u can't contact him, forgive him in ur heart, because if u don't u are the one that it hurts.. He is not worried about how u feel about him. Or if u have forgiven him. So forgive him, forgive yourself and start going out to meet other guys. Dont just jump on the first one u find because u will think it will make u forget about him. I have tried that. Didn't work. Than I just hurt someone else. Try to think about something else when he come up in ur head. Pray. And let time heal u.. That is what I am doing. It's not easy but what else can I do? Hope I helped..

• Im sorry you went through something like this also. Yes. It is hard, but I do appreciate your advice. I hope you heal too.

• Thanks u too..

• He used and abused you, it's mental trauma, don't treat it like a bump in the head, treat it like serious shit. That's mental abuse and it's unhealthy for you. If you , God forbid, saw someone get shot or raped you wouldn't want those feelings to stay? You wouldn't love the person who did those things? You "fell in love" with lies and bullshit, pick yourself up, realize you are going through trauma and it's gonna be awhile before your mind heals again. Not all guys are him so don't hate me. Use your pain amd anger and make it into something positive on your life. He was a parasite who was draining you "the host" killing you without you even knowing, be HAPPY that leech is gone and far far away. You were tricked and that's not love you should fall for. Everthing he did and said was a lie and he was good at it, it's not your fault. This was to help you become stronger than ways you aren't aware to yet. Keep that head up. Wipe those tears. Pull up your britches and put on that bitch face so guys know not to take advantage of or fuck with your heart before they even think about it.

• Yea, I couldnt imagine the gravity of pain these situations have brought on me, and how it messed up my brain and my being. Too much emotions. But you are right, I need to see things clearly, to actively help and push myself to heal. Thanks for this.

• No problem :)

Most Helpful Girls

• Please be glad youy didn't have kids or marry him. He's really not worth the feelings and I know you can't just make them disappear. It's easy to say don't be sad but harder to accomplish. You really need to put on your favorite outfit that makes you feel hot and go out. Don't ever forget that you were fine before the cheater, you'll be better after him. Be glad you didn't marry him like I did mine. I didn't know because I ignored so many red flags. I wish I would've left after my second child was born because that's the lady Good thing I got from the narcissist cheat.

• That is true. Im so sorry to hear this. Im glad you got out of it. I hope you have healed and your ok now.

• First of all, I am so sorry for what happened to you. I can understand your horrible pain. Please, try to focus on yourself. Take care of yourself! Work out, take care of your body and mind, read a lot, socialise, learn something new and concentrate a lot on what you are learning. It will help you a lot, trust me.
    I need to tell you that your story opened my eyes a lot more. I am currently engaged and I need to pay more attention to my partner. If it's not inappropriate to ask, for personal reasons, how did you discover he was cheating on you? Was it obvious or he didn't show any sign?

• To be honest, it wasn't obvious at all. He really made me believe I was loved, and that we were honest with each other. And finding out that he was a cheater was uneventful. It happened when one day he left his phone, and a girl kept on messaging and calling. We were at that stage of the rel where we are comfortable at checking each other's phone. I thought it was a business related urgent thing. Anyway, thats how I found out. There wasn't just one girl, and the cheating has been going on apparently for more than a year (found out he even had a dating ap to meet these one night stands). So it was a shock actually. When I confronted him, he confessed. He said he loved me and he couldnt lose me and would make up for it. But that didn't happen, he broke up with me, and move to another country. He really emotionally destroyed me. I hope that isn't your case though. Every case is different. Not every man is a cheater they say. But right now, Im not the best person to justify that is true.