It's been 6 months and he hasn't called :/

My ex and I were together for 2 years and 8 months.

I broke up with him because he didn't love me anymore, and was ignoring me. Now that it's over, I can see how terribly he treated me and such, BUT I was still expecting a call, he said he would when he was sure. The agreement was that because I was still in love with him, and he was unsure, he would call me when he was sure whether or not he wanted to try it again... he actually promised (not that it really means anything since he's not bound to me)

I'm studying abroad, and I'm going home for Christmas (he knows that). You think there's a chance he'll call me when I get home?

Even though I know it's over, and I would never want to be with him again, I would really love to be friends and get some closure on what happened.

01

What Guys Said 1

• 6 months seems like a long time to hold onto something like this. I'm not trying to bust your bubble, but he's an ex- he isn't supposed to call. I know that you said he would contact you when he got things figured out, but I think this means he figured things out which led to him moving on. If you keep this going on for too long, it will start to become very unhealthy for you if it hasn't already. You should start trying to put him out of your mind. You all split for a reason, and that reason isn't going to change after 6 months, or for any amount of time.

• I've already moved on, I actually stopped ever wanting to be with him the month after the break up. He will never be an option as a romantic over again. I really just want to know what actually happened between us, and I miss us being friends. We've been best friends since middle school, so it's just really weird to not have him around.

• The friend's thing is understandable, but the relationship and how it ended put the friendship to a stop, or at least a very awkward place. It's just not good for you to keep worrying about what might happen, what's on his mind, etc.

What Girls Said 0