Why can’t he look at me and says that he’s awkward around me?

last month this guy and I started talking having a laugh getting on and joking around felt like we really had a connection shortly after we got together as an item so sweet and caring to me made me feel really happy we met up we kissed eachother haveca really nice day out together with our two other friends. few weeks later things were still great between us I could talk to him about anything or how I felt and he’d tell me his honest answer and be there for me.. Only recently I felt like I was putting more effort into the relationship always texting him making sure he was ok etc and if I didn’t message him we wouldn’t speak at all so I called it off with him telling how I felt we got into an argument about it he said he didn’t want to break up with me but if that’s how I felt he wasn’t going to keep me in a relationship I wasn’t happy with it’s not that I stopped loving him it’s more the fact that day really got to me as I hadn’t seen him for a couple of weeks because he’s too shy to meet me on his own I let things cool down between us I messaged him and asked him would You get back with me and he said yes I would i then asked again a week later he still said yes I want to be with you however I just want to be friends for now I was fine with that only yesterday I stayed my friends house for the night totally unaware of this but she planned for me and my ex to meet in town and I was sat in a restaurant with her and out of nowhere her boyfriend comes towards us and then my ex goes and sits on the table opposite by himself when clearly there’s space next to me but refuses to he then gets into a hissy fit because he wants to go home and felt like it was too soon to meet and he felt awkward he wouldn’t even look at me or talk to me it’s like I’m invisible And yet he’s fine to talk over message but can’t in person I sometimes feel like there’s something wrong with me?
1
0