Now what? 4 years over with a brief letter?

Myself and my now ex partner were together 4yrs. It has been troublesome with his depression and severe anxiety. We have tried to move our relationship forwards and each time he ultimately could not make the next step of purchasing a house with me. (He wouldn’t rent as it was wasted money ) We have been to counselling but the tell tale signs started creeping in as soon as his very stressful job got even worse. I was there for him. We have stayed in what only can be described a dump as we both agreed we won’t spend the money on it only to move out throughout the 2yrs we have been here. He text me yesterday to say ‘hi bubsky hope you are ok with the heatxxx’ then I come home to find a letter on the side. Very formal saying he couldn’t do it (the house) and very sorry and saying he will put £5k in my bank account. I’m broken, we have been having a great time, lots of expressions of love and verbally. But he just went. I also have an 8yr old son that he dropped off that morning at school and he gave me a kiss and said ‘I love you’ when I left. I’m broken inside and I have yet to tell my son.
Now what? 4 years over with a brief letter?
Add Opinion