When do you know if you’re compatible with someone or not? Should I give this college guy more of a chance or are we not a good fit?

I have had a crush on a guy for a month now. A couple weeks back I made a small move and he got the hint and we’ve been talking more, but only when we see each other which is like 3 times a week briefly. He’s 21. I’ll be 24 in October.
I thought he was cute. He seemed awkward and shy around me but today we talked for a half hour. And he was more relaxed.. he usually just talks about how tired he is and we stare at each other both wanting to talk to each other but being too nervous too. But today we talked more and then I asked what he does on his free time / for fun... and all he said was he goes out drinking with his college friends and that they’re kinda reckless. And further described bars he goes to as having drinking competitions and he’s just a pretty normal college guy that likes to get wasted and party every weekend it seems. I’m kinda bummed?

I was never one that likes the party scene. I like going out and drinking socially but I’ve never been wasted or thrown up from drinking. Never a sloppy drunk I guess. Most of my friends aren’t really into that or my age really either. I kinda fear he’s too young for me, like all he wants to do is party.

Should I go out with him and decide after a date? Or are we not a good match?
1
0