If you really loved someone?

If you really loved someone you wouldn't care what they did to u, you will always stay with them, right? No one seems to understand that when you really love someone that much that you'll do anything for them.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm...im going to have to go ahead and disagree. If you love someone,yes...you would want to help them out if they're in trouble or try and make things better somehow,support them etc. HOWEVER,you should not allow ANYONE to just do what they want if it's something that is hurting you or putting you in a compromising situation. Whether you are my friend,family member,or the love of my life...if you do something that's hurtful or unacceptable in any kind of way,you will know about it.And it will be dealt with. For someone that I may be "in love" with,it would depend on the severity of what's going on whether or not we would continue to stay together. Example...if a guy is beating you everyday..leave him,because that's abuse. If a guy is not that great at communicating then talk to him because that something that could improve.See? It depends on what it is. Love doesn't hurt. Doing anything for someone? Well...If you're in the hospital all night because he was in an accident,sure I will stay and be by his siide. If your are going to prison for a crime you definitely did commit,like a hit and run accident,no...i will not lie for you. Ya get it?

What Guys Said 1

• Unconditional love as you describe it seems, at first sight, a romantic thing, but further examination shows it is not. When you love someone unconditionally, what is it you love about that person? Not their actions, not their personality, not their looks, because if any of these things were to change, you would, by the definition of unconditional love, keep loving them regardless. Unconditional love completely ignores all the qualities that define a person (short of their past, I suppose).

So when you say, "when you really loved someone, you wouldn't care what they did to you, and will always stay with them", I can't stress enough that the answer is a definite "No!". The thing that you describe is not real love, but an obsession posing as something vaguely resembling love rather than the mental disease that it really is. Love should bring out the best in people, the thing that you describe does not.

I'm not saying there is no place for forgiveness in a loving relationship, I'm just saying it shouldn't be automatic and infinite.

What Girls Said 4

• Hmmm,

Not quite. lets use me as an example.

If I loved my boyfriend that much, I would not care what he does. So if he goes off and cheats on me but I still forgive him because I love him that much, well it is not love. That is called obessive love which is scary because how does he know that when he dumps me, I may kill myself one day because I loved him so much I would do anything. That is called obessive love and is very scary and very dangerous. You never know what your parnter will do to you because they love you that much.

This isn't me by the way it was an example.

• there are exceptions to every rule. Sure, you love someone, you want to be with them. But if the relationship is not healthy--say he's abusing you or cheating--you don't need to stay with that person. Love is a 2-way street.. and one sided love will not work for the better. Love is supposed to make you happy and feel loved; it is supposed to complete your life. Staying with someone because you think you love them no matter what if it is bad for you is not the smart decision... It will eventually end up hurting you and is only a sign of love gone wrong and turning into possession. Love is a beautiful thing, designed to last forever, but like I said there are exceptions to every rule.

• If you see a future with this man.. little mistakes won't mean much 10 years from now. sticking it out with him through the tough times is what he will remember.. On the contrary, we teach people how to treat us.. so if he sees he can do whatever and you are cool with it, still loving him and being faithful... y would he think he has to be honest to keep u. Honesty and integrity go a long way... You don't want your mind racing every time he step out the front door because you think he texting a girl or you feel like behaving as a spy and check up on his phone, fb, email, this will take all your energy! Love is tough, without trust.

• that's ideal thinking but reality. there are other factors in a relationship besides just loving them