Would it be possible if I want to get back with her?

My girlfriend of 2 years dumped me about 3 weeks ago and a week after that, I found out she is now dating another man. This man, she has been chatting on MSN and texting with each other while we were still together. They were probably doing it for 2 months max. When I found out, I just got really pissed and said she cheated and said every single swear word I could think of. That was very childish of me and I wish I didn't do that. Also, after careful thinking, I realized she didn't really cheat but left me before moving on. The reason she left me was "I can't love you the way you love me and so we need to end this" and it's not the first time, it happened before. Obviously, now she hates me and blocked me in every single way possible (facebook, twitter, MSN etc). I guess this is a good thing to be away from contact. But I still love her...would it be possible for me to slowly win her back from this? obviously I won't rush or else that would turn bad but if I wait too long, maybe she will completely forget about me and moved on with the new guy. I don't know if what she is doing counts as a rebound or if she actually really fell in love with that guy. But I think it was the guy that kept on persisting at first. I know my chances are slim but she was so special to me. Thanks!

And also, I believe my chances are slim because of all the swearing I did and that she hates me now, ruining all the possible chances I have

24

Most Helpful Girl

• she is not worth it. I know you love her and you don't want to move on but honestly she is just going to pull the rug out from under your feet again and again. this might seem like a stupid analogy but it was the first thing I thought of. If you have ever seen The Holiday, Miles (jack Black) has a girlfriend that cheats on him and he realizes that he always falls for the bad girls that just go breaking his heart. He thinks this girl is the love of his life and then he realizes, after he meets kate Winslet and forms an awesome friendship that becomes a romance he finally realizes that he deserves a woman that is good. So, the moral of the story is that you need to get over this chick because she is bad news and actually go for a girl that is good.

• yea everyone told me to just let it go. It's hard because she was my first love but I'm trying hard. My self esteem is also pretty low right now, I keep thinking I won't be able to find another girl, and I guess that in return makes me fear of letting her go

• I understand that. It took me years to get over my first love. And, I know it doesn't seem like it now but eventually you will find someone better and you will realize that this girl just isn't healthy for you. and it isn't like you can just flip a switch and get over her, I understand that it takes a long time. You just need to remember that it is all going to work itself out and in the end you will be happier without her.

What Girls Said 1

• honestly I think you should jsut let it go. sounds like she was cheating on you before you even broke up (at least emotionally) and you really don't want or need a girl like that in your life. you want someone who knows you and values you instead of one that lies, cheats, and hides things from you instead of being upfront.

What Guys Said 4

• Ok... she is a bitch for texting with him and dating him that soon after. Dating a guy she chatted with one week after SHE broke up?! Come on, man. Why do you even care. But if you want to win her back simply apologize next time you see her. As far as my experiences go, you'll eventually find out you were right about her and that the things you shouted at her in rage were more accurate than what you think of her now.

• yea everyone I asked told me to let go. She was my first love so it's really hard for me to get over it but I'm trying. And my self esteem is pretty low right now, and I'm afraid I won't be able to find another girl in the future. That leads me to not wanting to let go of her.

• Yeah... I know that feeling. I was exactly in the same place once but eventually I became painfully aware of how much I idealised her and that I actually felt much better with other girls that did not mean as much to me or even just being single.

Don't worry about your self esteem. Try to have simple fun. Hang out with guys, go on a ski-trip... just do sh*t. Girls like guys who don't need a girl to be happy. It won't be easy but it will pass.

• I'd have to say that your temper might have cost you this one. It's a valuable lesson to learn to control your anger. She already said that she doesn't love you like you love her, it sucks but if she went and started a relationship with another guy, then she most likely was just being honest with you and you need to accept that. Your outburst at her probably pushed her further away from you and further into this new guys arms. you know what they say, "if you love them, set them free. If they come back then it was meant to be". It hurts not having the one you love by your side, but time eventually heals all wounds.

• let it go man. first of she doesn't love you anymore, and now you made it even easier for her. find another one

• You still have a chance if you think her relationship with this new guy is a rebound. You can't mess it up from now on though. Take a step back and clear your head. Come up with a good game plan and follow through.. this guy can turn it around for you ==> link