Transferring songs to ipod from a new computer?

I've installed itunes all over again. How do I transfer songs to the ipod from the new itunes library? Do I have to erase the songs from my ipod first?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think you can do that

• Do what? Transfer songs from a new itunes library? Does that mean I've got to erase the songs from the ipod first, syncing it with the new library?

• you can't transfer songs from your ipod to your computer. if you want to add new songs, you'll have to delete everything from your ipod now

• Thanks! I'm just super paranoid about losing all my music and never getting em back! lol

What Guys Said 1

• Restore the settings, remove the ipod and connect it again... it should automatically start uploading your songs on. So you do need to clear the ipod first. Or at least that's what I've found with a good few of the models.

What Girls Said 2

• if you bought the songs from iTunes they will transfer off your iPod into your new library. otherwise I'm pretty sure you're out of luck--you will just lose the songs.. that's what happened to me anyway.

• i wanted to do the same thing, I wanted to move the itunes library from my home computer to my laptop. but if it can be done I have not figured out how, and I really don't want to lose all of my songs