Old boyfriend came back?

The only guy I've ever really loved has come back into my life. He recently told me "you know I'm the only guy for you and you're the only one for me"... I spent the night with him, yadda yadda yadda, everything was cool. He said he wanted to try again.

But it's been a few days now and I haven't really heard form him. It's killing me.

Do I try to get a hold of him just to say hi and stuff or wait until he contacts me? I hate games.

ive texted a few times. just friendly "hello"s and stuff. nothing naggy. but I feel like IM the one initiating conversation.

75

Most Helpful Guy

• He is playing off of your love for him. He said what he said to you to make you think about the fact that he is right. then he got what he wanted from you and he will not call till he wants it again. he is using you. You are better off just not talking to him again. let him find another woman to abuse and you should find a guy that truly loves you. cause a guy that truly loves you won't play games he will take care of you and love you unconditionally

• Exactly, he knows you like him especially since he said it to you. I'd let him be, if he isn't making a true effort he isn't worth it. Try not to let your feelings stop you from seeing what he is at.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't contact him in any way. Change your number so he can't do this to you again. Mandingo is right. This guy knew he could have you (still does) so he'll leave you hanging until the next time he gets lonely and needs attention. This is typical behavior of a guy that doesn't care about you or your feelings. Don't even wait for him to return your texts or try to get a hold of you so you can tell him what you are feeling, just cut him off and move on. You deserve better but until you realize it, it won't happen.

• One of the rules of all human relationships is this: the persaon who cares the LEAST is the one with the MOST power. It's pretty clear that you care waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he does, so he has all the power. The heart often supercedes the brain, but in this case, you'd better listen to your head - my crystal ball is flashing red.

• maybe he is playing games with you, deep in your mind you need these games in order for your love for him to survive, that's how you were designed

• trust, me...i had friends like that. he's trying to get revenge on you for something he believed you did. tell him by sending him a text that you fell for someone else.

• i didn't do anything to him though. so I dunno... no biggie. I told him "i love you but I just can't let you string me along. I'm done."

What Girls Said 7

• # 1 you never sleep with a guy that broke your heart the minute he comes back into your life. chances are he came back for a reason. if shakespare were alive he'd say " difficulty of attainment increases the value of the object" I'm sorry to say this but chances are he got what he came back for. a guy that does something like that doesn't really love you nor care about you. its time to put your past behind and those feelings I've been through this before and I found out that the guy that I was head over heels in love with for 12 years (5 apart) no longer existed thank good I didn't sleep with him.

• I think Mandingo said it best but if you want to test this theory, try to contact him and see how he responds. I'm betting he'll be putting you off.

Sorry...I know it's not fun to be used but at least we're being honest with you about what we think is going on.

Take care of YOU. Your happiness shouldn't be totally dependent on another human. You'll be disappointed every time.

• Well he just initiated it. He probably expects you to contact him now. If you want to get back together, reciprocate. A simple text or anything to start it off will do. Just don't agree and then do nothing. It's awkward in the beginning, but both of you need to give to the relationship so that it can get back to how it used to be.

• He soulds just like my ex! That boy broke my heart. It took me a few months to get over him. I thought him and I were going to get married. He put the idea in my head. After he broke up with me he would call me every few months. He wanted to keep me update since he joined the military. He would also ask about my dating life, About after we broke up he came to see me. The thing was I just started to date someone at the time. He wanted to get back together. His reason was because I was only one he could hold a relationship with. Now I have someone a lot better. I did have to meet a lot of jerks first. He just wanted me to fall back on and to keep me on a self. Kinda he he does not want me but no one else can help me either. He sounds the same. I say do not go back to him. Do not call me. I only called my ex twince since the two of us broke up, one I retured to call and I thought I would say hapy birthday the other was to ask him a question. He just wants to string you along. He wants you to be his puppet. We both know you are better then that.

• HE COULDA BEEN BORED AND LONELY OR HE COULD LOVE YOU...THE ONLY WAY TO REALLY KNOW WHAT HE WANTS IS TO ASK HIM WHAT'S UP?

• sounds to me that you were a back up plan.

• maybe he wants to give you some time to think about that and that you contact himif you want him back...