Guys: Do you tell an ex to leave you alone or just ignore her?

Your ex tells you he wants to stay friends. You initiate contact that warrants a response (Hey you. Wanted to wish you a happy thanksgiving. How you been?, etc). You never get a reply. Do you ask what's up? Or just let it go and assume he wants nothing to do with you. In that case, you would appreciate an explanation, instead of being ignored for weeks.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• If you hurt him or something or did something to really p*ss him off then that's prob why he is ignoring you. Just mayb he wants his space or something or maybe he just wants to move on with his life and get someone else I don't know but there are many boys out there that would probably love to date you just give other boys a chance.

What Guys Said 2

• You shouldn't still be investing so much emotion in a relationship that's over. Perhaps he read it and forgot, perhaps he was deleting his messages as yours came in, perhaps he just doesn't want to talk to you. Saying he doesn't want anything to do with you is kind of insulting to your past relationship, you will forever, in that moment of time, have loved each other. You will always have something to do with each other.

That being said, if its a fresh break up, it might do you some good to clear out the cobwebs, and breathe that fresh air of freedom. Remember what it was like to be single again, and not have to care about what your ex thinks. Care about what's going on with you.

• Depends what happened in the relationship and why you split. I was really hurt by my ex and so blocked all contact. Eventually she called and asked why I wasn't talking to her so I told her I didn't want to be friends or stay in touch. Remember you split up, he doesn't have to give you an explanation even if you feel like you deserve one

What Girls Said 4

• I was in your position 2 months ago. I really wanted to fix things by being the kind friend and he started getting really snappy, cold, and would sometimes ignore me like that.

I would ask if he got the message and leave it at that. If he doesn't respond after that, I wouldn't bother with him anymore. If he refuses to answer he might still have bitter feelings toward you and the break-up. That's a "stubborn wall" that is hard to break with men.

It happened to me and I just had to move on. But I must say, it's the best feeling in the world to move on from the "ex roller-coaster".

• i would want to know why he wasn't talking to me anymore

• Exactly! I remember him being so concerned with being an a-hole, which is why he told me he wanted to stay friends. I'm beginning to wonder if it's all about his ego and not wanting to be an a-hole by telling me off.

• I would like to know why but that will not happen so its best to leave it be.

• I actually had the opposite happen! My ex wanted to stay friends and we stayed in contact after he dumped me. I later said something mean so he took me of FB and no contact. I sent an apology letter and got no repsonse. Then I get a text like the one you sent him on Thanksgiving haha. I say thanks, you too because I think it's polite and mature to wish someone well on a holiday but that was it. Sooo I think if it's a text as neutral as wishing someone a nice holiday and they don't have the decency to respond, then they are still mad at you and trying to seek some sort of revenge. If he was over it, he would just say hi and thanks etc. If you don't hear back from him, DO NOT contact him again. He doesn't want to talk to you and will only make you look clingy if that is the case. You wouldn't keep texting a friend accusing them of not responding now would you? Like Anonymous said, you broke up, he doesn't need a reason to not talk to you.

• Thanks guys! Your responses were very helpful! =)