Why do guys keep their ex around after a break up?

Me And my ex broke up 2 months ago and he still talks to me. He has a new girlfriend. But he still tells. Me he loves me almost everyday. I try the no contact rule but he gets mad when we don't talk. If he has a new girlfriend then why does he still keep me around?

11

What Guys Said 1

• First of all, he owes respect both to you and her new girlfriend, you can do nothing about him respecting his girl, but show some self respect and make him respect you. Telling you he still loves you might make you feel happy if you're not over him, but think about what he's doing. The "no contact rule" might be good the first days after the break up, but it's of no use afer a short while and it is no good for anyone, Now, you can still talk or see each other from now and then but make him clear that he can't just go and tell you these things when he's already with some other girl, It's simple, if he loves you, then why is he with another girl? It seems to me he's taking for granted that you'll be there no matter what he does, or who he's with. If he wants you around is because no one likes to loose someone who meant something for you, but he must learn to let go, and it seems to me, you should, too.

What Girls Said 1

• it sounds like he want to have his cake and eat it to...he wants you and her