Do people actually move on that fast after a breakup?

You know how when you’re in a relationship and things don’t work out so your partner decides to break up with you, leaving you empty and confused while the person is okay and seems pretty happy.

Do people actually get over over relationships that fast? or do they just act like that to make you feel a certain way or covering up their true feelings?

I've never experienced this, but I do see this happening and I’m kind of curious

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it happens most often when the love you feel isn't even. One person gets emotionally invested and the other doesn't.

Grief hurts the most when you picture the loss of future things. (a future together, future dates, etc) If one of you doesn't love the other then they probably didn't make deep future plans about the other.

It's also very very common to leave for someone else. Sadly I've done this. I feel terrible about doing it, like I am a total ass. I suspect bad boys don't feel that way. Point is they aren't sad because they aren't loosing anything, they are gaining a new partner.

1|0
    0|0
    • Can’t say you’re right for doing that but also can’t say you’re wrong. Things happen for a reason. at least you were being honest about how you felt, rather than keeping it yourself and continue acting like a jerk. Sometimes you can’t please everyone, you can’t make them love you the way you love them, you can’t force yourself to see the connection. That’s not how the heart is supposed to work you know?

Now you and that other person will find someone better, I guess this is how life is

• Girls move on much quicker. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. Most females have backup plans, meaning guys they aren't dating because they are taken. So, they just start dating the day after they break up. This is a generalization.

For guys, it could be a little harder and less timely to move on. If they hook up they are just trying to get over the girl.

In either case, if the girl/guy broke up with the person, then yes it's very easy to move on. They are done with you.

1|1
    0|0
    • How about the ones who aren’t able to love you because they are depressed or have a lot of things going on so they push you away? in this case, does it mean they’re actually done with you?

• I've been exactly that guy. I had a girl I should've married. She accepted me for all of my faults. I think they are done with you.

I know that I was. I couldn't get over my personal setbacks. What you can take away from that relationship is that you are better off without them. I see my ex happy, and that is all I could want for her.

Most Helpful Girls

• Well it depends. If a person is over the person and ends the relationship then yes he or she can walk away and move on. Sometimes people grow away from each other. It doesn’t mean they don’t care about the person they just not in love with the person. Then there’s relationships that either person break up for a reason. This type of break up is a forced break up. It’s not because either part grew apart but what another party did or didn’t do to the other. So that party will break up for pride or being hurt but that doesn’t mean they still don’t love the person.

1|1
    0|0
    • Fair enough. Well how about the ones where one partner has depression and constantly try to push you away when you’ve tried to help them and stuff?

• Show All
    • Yeah, true that. I’m gonna be there for her when she needs it, thanks by the way

• Your welcome. Anytime.

• I generally move on quickly, but that's mainly because the majority of my breakups were amicable. I can imagine it being harder if things ended on a sour note.

1|0
    0|0
    • Some assume that people who get over a breakup fast means that they’ve never loved them in the first place. Do you think it’s true?

• Not necessarily. Some people recoup faster than others, some people need a much longer time to recover. It's normal.

• Fair enough

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends on the person and why did they break up

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to, because I wouldn’t get attached.

0|0
    0|0
  • They had some one in plain sight

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • some do

0|0
    0|0
  • Hiii

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion people half ass things as fas...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya because want to

0|0
    0|0
  • that depends on one's star sign 😀

0|0
    0|0
  • I know I don't, it's been 7 months

0|0
    0|0
  • I took 8 years to move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Not as fast as you think

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's more normal than you think

0|0
    0|0
  • Could best friend become girl friend

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. it depends on person to person

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse they do they're dependant

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and u

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes , not very soon and not very easily

0|0
    0|0
  • I certainly don't. Even 18 months after our breakup, I still don't think I'm truly over my last girlfriend, even though I try to convince myself that I am.
    But yet again, she is one of only two I had my entire life, and the only one I ever actually fell in love with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a year and still crying every day

1|0
    0|0
  • the longer it is
    the less chance you have of forgetting

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people just never really cared about their partner. It sucks for the partner that they were in a relationship with someone who never really cared for them.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not me

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are more sensitive than others.

I have a hard time after break ups. Neither of my last two exes gave me any closure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. Only if someone doesn't love he can, otherwise its painfully long process to forget someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • It varies. I've dumped guys who weren't paying attention to me and felt GREAT afterwards. I've been dumped by guys who weren't paying attention to me and felt terrible. It's just the amount of energy/effort spent on emotionally investing in another person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've seen three break-ups happen to very close friends, two of them were guys and one girl.
    Guy 1 took it really hard, he literally took months to get over her, while she actually looked happy the day after they broke up (Not sure if she really was) Their break up was more or less mutual.

Guy 2 also took it hard and it took him literally months to get over her girlfriend too. She dumped him and she moved on in like a flash. It was brutal.

The girl also had a mutual break up but I guess she was more intent on breaking up than her boyfriend. And she literally told me today, after a week that she was 'finally' over him. I don't know her boyfriend at all so I can't say anything about him.

So, yeah, girls do actually seem to care little and get over way someone way too fast. Such emotionally handicapped people...

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes